She/he will be in charge of the following:
- Leading and acting as project manager for cross-plant projects in her/his technological category, a new technology introduction or multi-supplier projects in a single plant.
- Supporting the Industrial Footprint & Investment Director in the execution of major and complex manufacturing engineering projects/initiatives.
- Developing a thorough knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing sites in her/his scope (e.g., layout, technologies, equipment, capacity, bottlenecks) and the produced products.
- Developing and consolidating a central state-of-the-art knowledge on all key manufacturing process technologies relevant for the Group.
- Redaction of standard RFQ documents.
- Maintaining connections with current and potential suppliers to follow the latest technological developments and to understand the suppliers’ future roadmap.
- Maintaining good awareness of Business Units plans and future projects (i.e., product portfolio evolution, new market introduction, etc.) and maintaining connections with plants and R&D to understand current technology deployment and improvement opportunities.
- Supporting the plant Industrial Engineering managers in the preparation and execution phase of local/standard manufacturing engineering projects/initiatives and helping in identifying cost reduction opportunities and related cost reduction plans.
- Interacting with WCM team to embed the WCM best practices in all projects.
- Contributing to knowledge sharing selecting best practices in the Group and growing central standards.
The ideal candidate combines a strong Industrial Engineering background (also technical) with solid project management competencies and a critical, analytical mind-set. She/he knows how to concretely deploy industrial projects as Project Manager and apply the WCM methodology (EEM Pillar) in manufacturing plants (and eventually warehouses) and is able to drive continuous improvement with at least 5-7 years of experience in production, industrial engineering, production line installation, start-up and commissioning, and/or supplier management.
Technical background and experience ideally in (some of) the following production processes in a mass production environment: punching, welding, painting, enamelling, PU injection, assembly and testing and software skills (PLC programming), good knowledge of electrical installations and basic mechanical notions are essential to be successful within the role.
A pragmatic and entrepreneurial spirit, organizational and planning skills, ability to work in team and to engage and mobilize the wider organization complete the profile.
Available to frequent business trips to support the assigned plants (expected approx. 60%-70% time spent in business trips) and fluency in English are required.
Knowledge and experience in Digital Manufacturing, Times and Methods and plant layout rationalization is a plus.