Who are we?
Primephonic is a digital music start-up that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. With the best 100% classical music streaming service we seek to reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily underserved in the digital space, we have the ambition to change this by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, with the highest audio quality and the best search in the industry. At the same time, we also pay out classical artists in a fairer way. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in September 2018. Our global roll out is planned for the Summer of 2019. Based in Amsterdam, with a commercial office in New York City, our rapidly growing team is home to over 30 classical music lovers of twenty different nationalities.
Primephonic is developing the most extensive classical music streaming catalogue in the world. The unique nature of classical music requires us to codify the recorded compositions and create a distinguished database of the respective composers, works and artists. As truly enjoying classical music goes beyond listening, Primephonic is also developing a digital encyclopedia on these albums and works. We are looking for interns to help us on our mission to develop the most comprehensive classical music catalogue out there.
As our intern you will be analysing and classifying classical music repertoire data and enriching the metadata around the compositions. We encourage our catalogue team members to explore the classical recordings on our platform and have deep dives on particular genres, eras, artists, composers, conductors etc. and create content that makes the recordings easily accessible for an average listener. As a team we have frequently changing projects that you can participate depending on your personal interests and your learning curve. The internship will enable you to research and learn about hundreds of classical works you may never have even heard about and to increase your understanding of the history of classical music!
- Passion for classical music
- Understanding of terminology in classical music (e.g. works, movements, conductors)
- Comfortable with digital information systems
- Is fluent in written and spoken English and one of these other languages: Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese
- Preferred startdate August/September 1st 2019
WHY JOIN US
- You will get a non-sugarcoated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- You will join a very international young team. We do host over 20 nationalities in our office.
- Great internship compensation package, including fresh cooked lunch, masterclasses, monthly office outings and last but not least Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- You will be asked to participate in the daily stand-ups where you can show your music knowledge or share other great ideas.
- Attending live demos of the product by the Tech-Team.
- Face to face internship support by our Catalog Team.
- Gross base fulltime allowance of EUR500,-.
- 50% Travel allowance.
- Flexibility on timing: 4-6 months, 3-5 days.
- Last but not least: free half year subscription to the Primephonic app!
Let's connect today!
If you would like to apply for this position, please go to: https://join.primephonic.com/o/catalog-internship