The Global Capacity Planning and Management (GCPM) team is part of the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) organization within the broader Business Excellence and Operations (BEO) organization. GCPM has a mandate to partner with both the Microsoft Consulting and Customer Experience & Support leadership to achieve Operational Excellence. As a part of this endeavor we have an opening for a seasoned Area Planning and Operations Lead (APOL) for delivery capacity to serve as a centralized GCPM contact for Customer Experience & Support (CE&S) area leadership teams. The APOL will provide capacity management and insights for the Customer Experience (CE) and Customer Success Account Management (CSAM) roles within the aligned CE&S stakeholder businesses, with a goal of enabling capacity health and successful business outcomes, for both our internal and external customers through successful staffing execution.
- Act as a central point of contact for the CSU Area leadership stakeholders into GCPM and the broader Business Excellence and Operations (BEO) organizations, helping connect leadership to the right resources, and leading communication and change management efforts with stakeholders support of capacity GCPM functions.
- Collaborate across the GCPM team matrix in support of the delivery role capacity needs, partnering closely with finance and CE&S business management, and CE&S operations organizations in support of Customer Experience delivery capacity health and complex staffing needs.
- Provide support to delivery leadership team successfully land capacity demand planning Budget and Quarterly Forecast deliverables for both the Customer Experience and Customer Success Account Manager delivery roles by providing key insights, feedback, and inputs from delivery leaders to the central capacity planning team and vice versa.
- Seek to drive clarity of capacity trends and outlooks by presenting to stakeholders plugging into their business ROB; provide forward looking business visibility based on insights trends and analysis, proactively identifying risks or challenges in staffing, through workforce and capacity planning, that may impact business deliverables.
- Partner with your internal peer teams to centralize IP, knowledge sharing, and best practices to deliver a consistent stakeholder experience while maximizing our team talent and driving efficiency in landing deliverables.
Key Success Criteria and Competencies required
- Future orientation balanced with current state through strategic and systems thinking and a global mindset
- Influencing stakeholders to achieve impact through collaboration, presence and strong communication skills
- Judgment based Scoping of problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes. Applies a broad functional knowledge base to solve problems with confidence and persuades others.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Change Management
- Analytical problem solving
- Relationship Building and Collaboration
Experience and Qualification include:
Ideal candidates should have experience in areas related to Capacity Management, Planning, Analytics, Finance, Operations, services delivery etc., and should be self-motivated, confident in working with Senior Leaders and comfortable working in a matrix organization. The candidate needs to be able to achieve results through influence across multiple organizations.
- Bachelor’s in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Operations or related field, and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge, understanding and or experience of resource management, capacity planning, financial and operational functions of a delivery organization budget, time tracking, optimizing cost, capacity management)
- Ability to develop strong, productive relationships with colleagues and management to meet targeted objectives
- An analytical mindset with the ability to define metrics, reports, interpret results, and make recommendations on appropriate courses of action
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organizational, time management, presentation, and writing skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, and team-oriented with strong capabilities to lead and thrive in start-up type organizations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate multiple work streams of activities