Follow the link to Apply: https://www.transformify.org/projects/view/business-intelligence-architect?act=publicprojects
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2015, we were named by Forbes magazine as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
As part of the SaaS programme that Experian are undertaking, the BI SaaS team will be delivering a reporting solution for SaaS, that is scalable for delivery and support. The BI Cloud SaaS Architect is the principal technical role for the BI components of this programme.
• Formulation of the overall BI infrastructure and process architecture that leads to successful and sustainable delivery and support of the BI components of the SaaS programme
• Communication, evangelism and continuous improvement of the above
• Overall technical delivery lead for the above, including appropriate resolution of conflicts that may occur due any inherent challenges in delivery of project versus existing work streams
• Definition of and integration of all of the above into the best practices for the BI Centre of Excellence, that covers other Experian reporting products and initiatives
• Must have extensive successful experience both as architect in at least two other large enterprise data warehouse development agile teams
• Scrum master and or BI team lead skills experience.
• Appreciation of all aspects of BI – from business requirements down to front end reporting tool set all the way through to back end databases and source systems.
• Understanding and ability to apply and explain for others to apply current industry best practices from both business intelligence and devops points of view
• Experience of working with Reporting tools such as Microstrategy or Tableau from an architecture perspective.
• Experience with large transactional data volumes, and the types of solutions that support these in data warehousing.
• Strong SQL experience (ideally on Postgres or open source databases), coupled with strong general scripting skills
• Experience with bug tracking systems, version control systems (such as Jira, Bitbucket)
• Familiarity with build and automation tools (such as Jenkins, Fitnesse, Cucumber)
• Ability to understand streaming data sources - for example defining tests for an api that the solution will be consuming from.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in multi-cultural team and build trust with other members of the team
• Enthusiasm and drive especially under pressure
• Ability to provide clear visibility on plans, issues/risks
• Strong leadership capabilities especially the ability to know how to maintain a balanced approach, listen to the team, and give others the appropriate amount of freedom to achieve
• Ability to identify gaps in team capability and solve them
• Fluency in English - verbally and in writing
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• Relevant Professional Qualification e.g. CBIP
• Background of developing financial and bank systems advantageous
• University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
• Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
• Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
• Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
Data Warehousing, Jira, scrum master, Jenkins, Cucumber, business intelligence, AWS, Tableau, Microstrategy, Bitbucket, Fitnesse