Please use following link: http://bit.ly/dachbdopen
About Seedrs: Seedrs is a leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the EU, with over €450M invested into campaigns and more than 670 deals funded. Seedrs has changed the way growth companies raise funding, build community, and scale by democratising early stage investing. Now all types of investors can invest as little, or as much as, they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin and Lisbon. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Augmentum Fintech PLC (listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market and Europe’s largest listed fintech fund), a number of European VCs and over 1,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team
About the role: As one of the most active equity funders of private companies in Europe, Seedrs is at the cutting-edge of innovation in Fintech, entrepreneurship and growth capital fundraising. You will play a fundamental role in driving our European growth, and impact how hundreds of exciting and groundbreaking companies access the funds to realise their ambitions. You could be the person to spot the next tech unicorn, like Revolut, and allow them to access the funds they need to scale. This position sits within the DACH team, the business development team focused building a pipeline of DACH’s top entrepreneurs; increasing their knowledge of equity crowdfunding, how Seedrs can support their fundraising efforts, and bringing them onto the Seedrs platform. The role will require you to be forward thinking, building a strategy for future growth, contribute to the high performance of a small team, drive a sales function, and maximise commercial opportunities for Seedrs.
About you: The ideal candidate will have hands-on knowledge of the DACH startup ecosystem, with a strong network of start-ups, top accelerators, VCs and co-working spaces. The job will require top-notch interpersonal skills, commercial nous, a true passion for entrepreneurship, and genuine empathy for entrepreneurs. You should be an entrepreneur at heart, you’ll be expected to continually challenge the way you are working, while always looking to improve how and what you are doing. You should be a clear strategic thinker, a hustler, and thrive on building profile for Seedrs. You sweat the detail, and have the ability to be consistently thorough in your approach to your work. Are fluent in English, and German, and have excellent communication skills. You should be comfortable taking part in panel discussions, giving keynote talks, and training sessions. Structure and leadership are key components of the role. You are data led, make informed decisions and can show how you have successfully led from the front in teams in the past, achieving the demanding goals of a high growth business. Intra-team communication is key, you’ll be working with Marketing, Partnership and other BD teams. You must always be clear on your objectives and that of the wider company. You will have a passionate and consultative approach to business development, ensuring Seedrs is professionally represented.
- Have at least 5 years experience working in the startup or early-stage investment ecosystem.
- Have a proven track record of mentoring and motivating a team of four or more.
- Have a genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and are excited by the opportunity to interact with passionate entrepreneurs of every kind.
- Are commercial. You know what it takes to win business, both ad-hoc, and as a replicable formula.
- A highly networked, credible and organised professional.
- Experience of developing scalable operational and strategic functions.
- You’ve been there before; breaking new ground and winning new business is in your DNA.
- Familiar with early-stage investment activity, how it works, and who plays in the space.
- A clear communicator, externally and internally. You work effectively cross team and cross region.
- A standard setter: you set ambitious goals, and build clear strategies on how to achieve them.
- Are knowledgeable on the core concepts of equity finance, and have the ability to explain them clearly to anyone.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, and are well versed in building strong and lasting business relationships.
- Have strong organisational skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Are a motivator and organiser, are able to lead both junior and senior stakeholders effectively.
- You find ways to win when the obvious is not always clear.
- Familiar with Salesforce CRM
- Entrepreneurial, or ‘intra-preneurial’ experience.
- Experience of working in a growth business/ scale up environment
- KPI driven, able to set, measure and improve vs metrics.
- Fluent in another European language a bonus.
- Competitive salary and meritocratic commission scheme.
- Personal professional development plan for career progression.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- Charity day.
- A generous training budget
- 25 days annual leave. (+1 day for each year at the business)
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Lunch and learn sessions with industry thought leaders.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Frequent team socials and 1/4rly incentives.