There has never been a better time to embark on a career using advanced technologies to combat economic crime. Join us in defining and building transaction monitoring solutions that make a material difference to our clients, our people and society.
As part of the Financial Crime team in Forensic, you will provide high quality advice to prestigious organizations, helping clients to use cutting edge technology to identify and stop money laundering and economic crime. Whether it be analyzing and designing new defenses, selecting and implementing new technologies or optimizing existing tools, you will be a part of the evolution in a global effort to fight financial crime.
We are seeing strong demand for Financial Crime specialists from our clients as a result of the significant regulatory pressure and increasing complexity of financial crime risks. To handle this demand Deloitte has over 1200 staff globally who are specifically working in financial crime. Offering a range of specialisms and experience, Deloitte was ranked in the ‘Leaders’ Quadrant by Gartner and a focus on innovation and investment in technology has helped Deloitte maintain market leadership in the industry. This is the opportunity to join a diverse team of dedicated professionals that provide high quality and innovative advice that helps our client manage the risks that financial services firms face on a day-to-day basis.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
In your role, you will help our clients to assess financial crime risks and to select and establish the financial crime solutions that fit their requirements. You will have the opportunity to interact with multi-disciplinary Deloitte teams and cutting edge technology suppliers, established and start-ups, helping to solve our clients’ most significant challenges. You will also work closely with the leadership of our Financial Crime practice, contributing to shaping our growing Financial Crime Technology Advisory business.
Due to the varied nature of our projects, you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise in number of areas and expand a wide set of additional skills. Leading a small project team you will help to find solutions for clients on projects typically driven by compliance and risk problems, mainly in the financial crime and regulatory fields. You will work directly with our clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them.
You might work with business audiences to define a strategy and a technology roadmap, including selecting technology options and shaping delivery timelines.
Your responsibilities will vary depending on the focus of your client engagement and your skillset, but could include and/or require the following:
• Scoping the delivery of Financial Crime technology projects, working closely with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements;
• Communicating complicated technology concepts to business audiences with ease;
• Working with the client stakeholders and SMEs to identify technology and/or data strategy goals and objectives, considering their Financial Crime risks and their business challenges;
• Capturing technology requirements and analyzing them into technology solutions;
• Defining appropriate target state solutions and helping the clients select the appropriate technology and data components;
• Defining the delivery roadmap and the more specific project plans for Financial Crime technology projects, working closely with clients and other project stakeholders to manage successful delivery;
• Building a broad network of client relationships within the financial crime community and wider financial services industry;
• Participating in business development initiatives and the preparation of go-to-market offerings
• Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution
• Contributing to the overall business management and leadership of the Financial Crime team;
• Contributing to the firm’s talent agenda, managing and working effectively in diverse teams and helping to foster an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution;
• Supporting the ambition of the team to be the leading Financial Crime Technology advisors experts in the UK and beyond, through growing the team to enable development of a broad range of quality client relationships across all industries and through the adoption of both cutting-edge and well-established technologies;
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
We want people who will embody a collaborative approach in bringing both business and technology stakeholders together to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits. At Deloitte, our people are expected to have the professional and personal skills to provide a distinctive client experience during our engagements. We understand that we need different types of people with different skills to provide our clients with the best possible service. So whether you are a delivery specialist, business advisor or technical master you will be able to find something exciting and entertaining.
To qualify, you must possess demonstrable knowledge, a proven ability to deliver with significant experience in financial crime and technical or data architecture design.
• Experience of a market leading or startup technologies in Transaction Monitoring (TM) domain (e.g. Actimize, Mantas, BAE Systems, SAS, etc.);
• Transaction Monitoring and Financial Crime domain expertise and/or technical knowledge acquired from a Compliance, Business or IT perspective;
• Experience in analyzing technology requirements and defining/selecting appropriate solutions;
• Ability to work with and lead project teams, helping to motivate team members;
• Supporting the development of colleagues through mentoring and knowledge sharing;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences;
• Contribution to or development of proposals and propositions for internal or external clients.
• Experience of working on projects for external clients;
• Experience of working in or working on projects in regulated industries, particularly financial services.
Your wider skills must include:
• A range of both technical and business focused skills and experience, and an ability to articulate the outcomes and value of their work and career achievements to date
• Competent use of the Microsoft suite, including Excel and PowerPoint to manage data sets, create reports
• Strong skills in written and oral communication (including presentation skills)
• A passion for understanding and empathising with our client problems and helping to resolve them through innovative approaches and dedicated support
• Substantial experience and knowledge across a broad spectrum of financial crime and financial services industry themes
• Deep interest in innovation and a drive to build personal eminence in the industry
• Continual pursuit of broadening the skills of themselves and the team
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you will find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal
Requisition code: 180347