Make a difference on international development and security projects around the globe. Join our software engineering team in Barcelona.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The ideal candidate is a self-driven problem solver with a desire to contribute to building resilient software in an exciting, fast-growing startup environment.
Position: Backend software developer
Time commitment: Full-time
Target Start Date: Late August / September (flexible)
Location: Barcelona (at UNESCO World Heritage office location in Sant Pau Recinte Modernista)
- 1 year of backend software engineering experience
- Proficient understanding of Node.JS
- Proficient understanding of Non-SQL Databases, including MongoDB and Neo4J.
- Good understanding of SQL Databases including PostgreSQL.
- Strong interest in DevOps.
- Strong English (written and spoken)
- Bonus: past experience with RoR and Python, previous start-up experience, fluency in other languages (Spanish, Arabic, French, Russian, etc.)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We help our clients make sense of fragile environments so they can better understand and mitigate their operational risks and achieve greater impact.
Our technology helps decision-makers organize what they know, what their organization knows and what the world knows about their operating context so they can make better decisions and succeed.
With offices in Barcelona, London and Bogotá, we work in more than 12 countries around the world, helping (among other things):
- International aid projects in North Africa and the Middle East to better understand the political economy of their operating environments via dynamic stakeholder mapping;
- Coast guard forces in the Horn of Africa to combat piracy and land border forces in the Levant to protect territory via bespoke information management and communication systems;
- Governments and embassies in Eastern Europe analyze public sentiment in social media, blogs and online news to monitor propaganda campaigns and their impact.
- Private companies and local government agencies in Latin America navigate their changing operational contexts with big data fusion, both in enviornmental and socio-political terms.