At Sympower, a smart tech/clean energy international startup, we are building our in-house developer team at our HQ in Amsterdam. We connect the energy system with the Internet-of-Things and are passionate about building solutions to accelerate the transition to a clean and sustainable energy system.
As a senior backend software engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and implementing new features in the Sympower platform, integrating new devices into the platform and making sure that the whole system is scalable, fast and secure.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 3 years of Software Engineering work experience
- Experience in real-world projects implemented with Java
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies:
- Spring framework, JPA/Hibernate, RDBMS/PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Experience with data science and machine learning a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Passionate about problem solving and working with a team to build great solutions
- Eager to learn new things and proactively involve colleagues for support when needed
- Experience in independently running small projects end to end without supervision
- Interest in scaling services and Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Competitive salari
- International and fast-paced environment
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for professional development through training and mentoring
- Office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
We are a rapidly growing company and you will be among the first members of the development team. You will have input on selecting the best software development tools and methodologies so we can deliver quality software faster while working smarter.
Do you identify yourself with the profile above? Then we look forward to connecting with you!