At Noa, we are looking for an experienced backend engineer on a freelancing contract to help us maintain and develop our system.
Noa Technologies is an IoT to Cloud company focused on orchestrating large scale bicycle fleets. We build hardware to track bicycles, and use our intelligent system to help fleet operators manage their assets - bringing down operating and capital costs. Ultimately, we want to facilitate the adoption of bicycles as an empowering, and environmentally friendly, mode of transport in cities everywhere.
We develop a full stack solution. From the devices attached to the bicycle, to the backend for processing and handling data generated by those devices, to the frontend website and mobile apps that help clients operate their fleets.
We would love to meet you if...
You are an engineer interested in design, performance, architecture and established practices. You like to build quality software but can also move quickly and flexibly if needed. You like to try out and learn new things, and you are okay with taking risks. Most importantly, you are a reliable team player, who is trusted by their colleagues to speak honestly and directly, in order to reach common objectives, and for their own betterment as engineers and humans.
You promise to...
- Be a crucial part of the Backend team. By driving development, defining and encouraging good practices, and supporting your peers.
- Manage changes in essential processes in development (continuous integration, automated testing, documentation, internationalization, emerging technologies, post-mortems, shared engineering strategies).
- Exchange knowledge and feedback with teams that share overlapping features.
- Engage with others about the state and future of the project.
- Work closely with design and product - optimizing for a fluid workflow.
- Ensure a quality end result.
- Communicate regularly and consistently with the rest of your colleagues in a remote working situation.
- At least 3 years of backend experience.
- Worked on one or more applications that are publicly available.
- Experience in automated testing.
- Deep programmatic knowledge about the technologies used at Noa and how backend ecosystems work.
- An awareness of the added requirements of remote work when it comes to communicating and interacting with the rest of your team
You ideally have...
- A public open source life.
- A desire to work on something with a remarkable outcome.
- An interest in making a difference in how urban fleets operate.
- Professional drive.
We promise to...
- Keep a friendly and supportive remote environment that allows for productivity, focused work, achievement and personal development.
- Provide a high degree of autonomy, responsibility and support for each member of our team members.
- Keep it fun and help you make a difference.