FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are growing fast and looking for Back-end Engineer(s) to join us in becoming a global travel category leader.
We build highly performant, scalable services and components that power our product and provide our users with the best content and deals the accommodation industry has to offer. Scalability, reliability, and great performances are the core of what we build. We work with modern stacks (Go, Node.js, Ruby, Elixir, Python) and, as we embrace the DevOps culture, our infrastructure-as-code in the cloud (AWS) is managed via tools like Docker, Jenkins, and Terraform.
Should you join us, not only you will get exposed to some bright engineers with a passion for delivering great software, you will also get the chance to collaborate with team members from a broader range of expertise, including UX experts, data analysts and scientists, product owners, and marketing specialists.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
- Work in a team to solve challeging problems, integrating accommodation providers and building blazing-fast services that serve their data
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements in terms of performance and code quality
- Help improving our infrastructure and scale it to support our continuous growth in a cost-effective way
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you and your fellow engineers sit down with the Product Owner to discuss the performance of a not-so-fast API endpoint. Comparing the ideal performance to the data collected by our monitoring systems, you brainstorm together a few ideas of how to improve the service's performance and design a scalable solution. After lunch, you jump onto an open issue and prepare a pull request that improves the infrastructure's reliability for one of the most delicate components. Before the end of the day, you put together some ideas on how to improve another component's design and organize an architecture review session with some engineers across teams to discuss the benefits and costs of your proposed solution.
Who we are looking for/requirements
- You have at least 3 years experience in back-end development - while we don’t require experience with any specific language/framework, we do expect experience with a modern set up and tooling environment
- You have a good understanding of APIs, databases, data structures, and all things back-end, with a passion for automation
- You have worked on a production system that was exposed to some scale (whether traffic or amount of data) and you are excited by these kinds of challenges
- You have a sense of pragmatism, constantly finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to our users
- You are flexible, curious, and data-guided in helping us decide what to work on next
- You engage with your team and all engineering actively, sharing knowledge and best practices to improve with them every day
- You have experience working with one of the major cloud providers: AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with any of the languages we use at FindHotel is a plus
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
Why join FindHotel?
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself
- We care deeply about the user and the team works hard to get every traveler the best deal.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity
- We offer a competitive compensation package (including stock appreciation rights) + perks and benefits
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment