Driving clean with MisterGreen
Okay. It’s quite a corny statement, but… Time’s up for fossil fuels - the future is electric. And we at MisterGreen are already an active part of this future today. Thanks to us, people can now turn away from the fossil-fueled past without wasting time. On our platform, they can get a flexible lease contract for electric cars within 5 minutes, using only their mobile. And we don’t stop there: Our mission is to create the biggest leasing company in the world.
This is where you come in. We want you to join our team as a skilled Backend Developer (Node.js). You will keep the backend up and running, and also get the chance to mentor our enthusiastic full stack junior developer, Yannick. You will work in teams with Data Scientists, Growth Hackers, frontend and full-stack developers, Designers and our Founders, and together we will bring our platform to the next level.
Why you fit right into our team:
- You will ensure that everything works under the hood, maintaining, monitoring, and modifying the landscape we drive in, so our users get the best platform possible
- You are not afraid to use and learn new techniques that we do not use yet. So experiment, rewrite… Do cool stuff!
- As a self-starter, you are the driver in overcoming the roadblocks you encounter, while at other times joining forces with the team (Scrum / Agile methods)
- Your enthusiasm knocks the socks off our feet, and you have the spirit to teach and learn, to maintain and to build. Together, we are ready to turn from startup to scaleup.
What you will get:
- Amazing, scenic workplace in Amsterdam, overlooking ‘t IJ.
- Custom setup (chair, laptop, phone, trackpad, monitor)
- Flexible working hours
- A solid salary
- Fresh (organic) lunch
- Shared Tesla for weekends away
- Continuous learning (new techniques)
- The opportunity to teach...
- … and to get personal mentorship from our Tech Lead!
What you bring with you:
- Excellent skills in Node.js
- Basic DevOps/CI experience
- The ability to make design choices based on business needs
- SQL & NoSQL experience
- Frameworkless development skills
- API-First design thinking
A plus will be:
- Experience with Microservices landscape and cloud hosting (especially Google Cloud Services)
- Serverless development
- Full stack experience
- Knowledge of GraphQL, PubSub, WebSockets and Blockchain
Let us finish with an anecdote that demonstrates our mindset: Electric driving is not just our area of expertise - it is also our passion. To prove just how much we believe in electric mobility, we don’t even shy away from turning into explorers, like when we drove two Teslas all the way to the North Cape and proved that range anxiety is unfounded.
(Agency recruiters, we will not be needing your service for this vacancy.)