Back-end Node.js developer
Location – Cambridge
Vacancies: One position available
Type: Full time, permanent
This role will be based at our Cambridge office and will involve travelling to Lisbon to work with our backend team in Portugal
What we are looking for:
We have a small-team philosophy and set the bar high: fewer, high-quality developers and software engineers can achieve far better results than a larger team of average developers. You'll be glad to know good developers will be reviewing your code, and that you won't be carrying weaker colleagues with your hard work.
- Plenty of experience with at least one of: MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB.
- Experience building REST APIs which can be consumed by the front-end.
- Experience with backups, security and disaster recovery.
- Git (we use GitHub heavily).
- An analytical, problem-solving mind.
- Ability to communicate well with the wider team
- A basic understanding of Front-end development and experience with Vue, React or similar
- Experience working with either MLab or Atlas hosted instances of MongoDB
- Use of API authentication layers such as Kong
- Testing and linting: Jsamine, Mocha, etc.
- 20 days leave which increases to 25 days after first year
- 3% employer contribution to pension, increasing to 4% in 2019
- Courses / training where an employee wants it or needs it for personal development.
- Plenty of fruit and snacks in the office, with great coffee too
- Awesome people and Friday office drinks
At SyndicateRoom we’ve built the leading early stage investment platform in the UK and are now looking to extend beyond our product into building a cutting edge, highly scalable, rapidly developing, financial ecosystem.
We’re a social, relaxed, flexible and hardworking team, located in the centre of Cambridge at the Pitt Building. We launched the platform a little over four years ago and have gone from strength to strength. We’ve got an amazing office, loaded with great coffee, regularly topped up with snacks (mostly healthy), Friday beers and monthly larger outings.
Send a CV and short cover letter. Be sure to include an example of your work, for example by providing a link to your GitHub account. No Recruiters/Agencies please!