LiDAR systems measure distances by stopping the time a laser pulse needs to travel from the sensor to an object and back. By conducting more than 1 Million distance measurements per second, a 3D point cloud of the surroundings of the sensor can be created in real time.
At the heart of the sensor lies the optical system containing an ultra-fast pulsed laser diode, collimating optics and a single photon detector. If you are interested in Optics and want to learn about cutting edge LiDAR technology then get in touch with us. We always have interesting topics to work on.
Blickfeld is a Munich-based startup company founded in 2017 with the vision to provide autonomous systems the eyes to see the world: We develop revolutionary scanning LiDAR systems and detection software for environment perception. Our unique solution enables countless scenarios like autonomous transportation, mapping, robotics, and smart and safe cities.
- Get acquainted with the working principle of our lidar optics
- Help us to model and improve our optical system
- See your work included in a working prototype and validate the results of your work
- You are pursuing a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical field such as Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optics or similar
- You have basic knowledge in either Optics, Electronics or Semiconductor Physics
- You have basic programming skills in either Python, Matlab or C++
- You are creative and have an analytical mind