LiDAR systems measure distances by stopping the time a laser pulse needs to travel from the sensor to an object and back. By steering the laser beam in two dimensions and conducting more than 1 Million distance measurements per second, a 3D point cloud of the surrounding of the sensor can be created in real time. The heart of the LiDAR system are the Blickfeld silicon MEMS mirros, that steer the laser beam by deflecting it in large angles. With your help, we want to develop a setup that enables operation of the Blickfeld mirrors under extreme environmental conditions to gain more detailed insight in its technical parameters and establish a stable production process.
Blickfeld is a Munich-based startup company founded in 2017 with the vision to provide autonomous systems the eyes to see the world: We develop revolutionary scanning LiDAR systems and detection software for environment perception. Our unique solution enables countless scenarios like autonomous transportation, mapping, robotics, and smart and safe cities.
- Hardware design for a test stand to operate the Blickfeld MEMS mirrors (e.g. with a microcontroller or FPGA)
- Firmware development to connect Sensors, ADCs and DACs and control the MEMS mirrors
- Commissioning the test setup and conduct first measurements
- You are pursuing a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical field such as Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar
- You have substantial knowledge in Electronics and/or embedded software development
- You have basic programming skills in either Python, Matlab or C++