70+ employees. Talented people worldwide.
4 countries. An international reach.
1 mission. Becoming the ultimate open commerce platform for business and private customers.
payever started with a simple idea: We want to make buying and selling easier everyday. With a team of over 70 members around the world, we've built a unique CommerceOS with all the tools people need to start, run and grow their business. After 4 years of high growth and international expansion, we’re currently working on even more new apps to enhance the entire commerce experience, and it’s your chance to take part in innovation.
Join our team of digital natives with deep retail and tech expertise, supported by one of the top 20 banks worldwide.
To cover one of the core positions in our Hamburg HQ, we're looking for an ambitious and analytical individual - a people person who is also detail-oriented, to join us our team as Azure Cloud Engineer.
In this role, your day will look something like this:
- Administer servers/services in Microsoft Azure;
- Responsible for planning, provisioning, tuning, configuring systems;
- Investigate failures, fix them and execute root-cause analysis; must take ownership of problems and communicate progress in a timely and effective manner;
- Determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces, and/or hardware logic which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work with internal teams to meet the new and emerging business requirements in the cloud;
- Interact with and effectively communicate with your DevOps colleagues and cross-functional teams to complete the assigned projects or support;
- Researches and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value;
- Deploy and maintain a cloud network data center infrastructure and processes necessary;
- Configure (through automation) infrastructure and applications for high performance and highly available operation to meet business needs;
- Monitor and improve performance and stability;
You'll fit right in if you have the following skills:
- MS/BS in Information Technology/Systems, Computer Science, or engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Azure;
- 7+ years of Linux experience;
- Proven track record in architecting/supporting cloud infrastructure for highly available, highly scalable, multi-tier web-based systems;
- Experience in security cloud computing and PCI DSS compliance;
- Strong understanding of best practices for secure systems design;
- In-depth knowledge of the concepts of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration;
- Strong hands on experience with configuration management tools like Ansible or CloudFormation;
- Advanced level in scripting languages, Bash and/or Python or Ruby;
- Knowledge of Active Directory, git, GlusterFS, nginx and php-fpm;
- Knowledge of Linux KVM virtualization;
- Experience in clustering and security audit;
- General understanding of Microservices, with preference of Docker;
- Networking experience in routing, firewalls and HA architecture;
- Great working knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and volume scaling;
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications and protocols;
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL such as Elasticsearch preferred;
- Experience working with remote and distributed teams;
- Experience managing teams and building processes.
Who you are:
- You’re fluent in English, and a good communicator
- You’re a problem solver, and approach obstacles with a logical, pragmatic approach
- You have enthusiasm and ability to quickly learn new tools and technology
- You possess a collaborative, open-minded and helpful approach to teamwork
- You’re motivated and a self-starter, someone who’s always looking for ways to improve things
- You’re able to organise and work with multiple projects and different deadlines
We’re now 4 years old, but we’re hungry like it’s Day One - we still have the same big dreams and are looking for your help to achieve them!
What we offer:
- The rare opportunity to change the world around you with a unique product
- Innovative - trial & error - mentality
- A place in a fast growing company
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- Fast execution on good ideas
- Shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Sound exciting? We think so too, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Want to chat about this position, to see if it’s the right match for you? Just shoot us a message at jobs(at)getpayever.com and talk to a member of our Talent team.