Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
Acronis recently landed an equity investment at a superlative valuation that Acronis is using to rapidly accelerate its growth. The successful candidate will help transform swiftly growing legal department of 15 professionals into a global, world-class legal support organization. This hire will be groomed to succeed the General Counsel. A generalist with sophisticated experience in a number of fields vital to Acronis’s business and success would be the ideal candidate. U.S. public company experience is highly desirable.
Acronis seeks a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the requisite skills and experience, a positive attitude, have demonstrated problem solving skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The successful candidate must embody the Acronis values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
The Assistant General Counsel will play a key role in managing substantive legal work, legal team initiatives and legal operations. The Assistant General Counsel must build effective relationships with the Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Security, Product Development, Product Management and Support, Finance, and Tax departments, and with customers and vendors. The candidate must have at least five or more years of relevant experience and be admitted to a US or appropriate foreign bar.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the requisite skills and experience, a positive attitude, the ability to solve complex problems, and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. As for every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Sophisticated cloud and conventional software licensing and distribution contracting.
- Providing advice to internal partners regarding legal and compliance matters.
- Litigation strategy and management.
- Implementation and oversight of compliance programs, and associated training.
- Outside counsel oversight and management.
- Legal support for capital raising transactions.
- Assisting with mergers & acquisitions from due diligence to documentation to integration.
- General corporate governance.
- Coordinating and supporting cross-functional efforts with colleagues within the Company to maintain a solid and cohesive foundation for continued success and growth while identifying and mitigating risk.
- Developing and continuously improving department processes and policies.
- Supporting the general counsel’s training and mentoring of the entire legal team.
- Partnering with other departments and stakeholders to ensure legal matters are solved consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Handling special projects/assignments.
- Juris Doctor or LLM from accredited law school; excellent academic credentials.
- Must be admitted and in good standing with an appropriate bar.
- 5 + years of solid combined experience in a prominent law firm and/or global technology company
- SEC experience would be ideal but is not required
- Significant international experience.
- Significant experience in two or more of these areas of expertise:
- US Securities law
- Corporate law and governance
- Sophisticated cloud and conventional software licensing and distribution
- Litigation strategy, management and oversight
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Business fluency in English is a must. Any additional language is desirable.
- Flexibility and understanding that Acronis is not a 9-5 job, that Acronis has a start-up mentality, and that we all must work hard together in order to succeed.