We are looking for an ASIC System EngineerAfter a successful proof-of-concept phase, the company is ready to implement the final electronic design with a focus on medical technology for the on-lens ASIC, RF communication and smart charger.
The validation and transfer of the key requirements of the system, and follow-up of the ASIC design procedure (together with our chip design partner) and its interaction with a smart charger are the key missions of the ASIC system engineer - medical.
Your responsibilities and objectives
- You will be managing the definition/design/validation/verification/production of the electronic designs and wireless protocols of the first ASIC and smart charger of the Azalea Vision solutions.
- You will direct and align our internal team and external development partners, a chip design partner and a smart charger partner for a wireless solution for communication and powering the smart lens in order to ensure the achievement of the project’s milestones.
- You will translate the system requirements and specifications into an adequate ASIC V&V plan that meets the targeted coverage focused on medical devices (smart contact lenses).
- You will enable the transfer of the current ASIC’s specifications (proof-of-concept) to the new medical-focused design, communicated to the external design partner.
- You will manage any firmware or software required to integrate the ASIC with the system.
- You will develop and improve the validation environment workbench, EDA tools, hardware (PCB’s), software (scripts) and test’s equipment.
- You will develop and improve PCBs for functional tests of the smart lens and smart charger.
- You will drive production test requirements and implementation, in close coordination with the operations team.
- You are the ultimate technical responsible for a qualitative implementation of the required test cases, from module level up to use case level.
- You lead the implementation of a validation report collecting data summary, compliance to requirements and conclusions.
- You will manage the product qualification of the ASIC for release to volume production, in close coordination with the operations team.
- You champion, review and implement best standards related to ASIC Design, ASIC development processes and documentation and verification and validation methods Needed:
- You have a MSc or PhD in electrical engineering (microelectronics preferred) with a proven ASIC and test design (at least 3 years of industrial experience).
- You have a fundamental understanding of IC architectures including mixed signal design (amplifiers, LDO, comparators and PMU), near field energy and data transfer (RF protocols at HF) and light detection, with emphasis on technical risk and its mitigation.
- You can work across adjacent development disciplines like IC-design, HW- and firmware development.
- You have managed at least three ASIC designs from conception through volume manufacturing, including state-of-the-art validation/verification methods and tools (Cadence, PSPICE, ELDO or others).
- You have a proven track record of managing external parties to drive projects within budget (cost, time, performance) to the finish line.
- You have hands-on experience using laboratory’s measurement equipment (voltage supplies, frequency generators and others), PCB implementation (Eagle, Orcad, Altium) and testing the boards with standard protocols for ASIC designs and wireless RF boards.
- You are keen to maintain clear and up-to-date reporting of activities, following strict medical device regulations.
- You are able and willing to join our team in Belgium in a short time.
- You have developed test experiments with GUIs (graphical user interfaces) on languages such as: Python, Matlab or LabVIEW and doing some debus of digital circuits with FPGA or microcontrollers (VHDL or Verilog and C++).
- You are familiar with electrical safety tests (ISO-60601) and specific requirements from medical grade ASICs.
- You have experience working in small teams (startup model), taking part in all aspects of an ASIC/electronic design project, from design to validation.
- An opportunity to take a key role to develop a new medical device to the market improving quality of life of millions of people.
- As one of the first team members of the company, you will be able to make a difference and be part of shaping a critical component of the product, the processes and the teams to make it happen.
Please send your CV with motivation letter to [email protected]
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated
Keywords: Engineering, System Engineer, ASIC, Microelectronics, Developer, ASIC Designer