We are looking for an ASIC System Engineer
After a successful proof-of-concept phase, the company is ready to implement the final electronic design with a focus on medical technology for the on-lens ASIC, RF communication and smart charger. The validation and transfer of the key requirements of the system, and follow-up of the ASIC design procedure (together with our chip design partner) and its interaction with a smart charger are the key missions of the ASIC system engineer - medical.
Your responsibilities and objectives
- You will be managing the definition/design/validation/verification/production of the electronic designs and wireless protocols of the first ASIC and smart charger of the Azalea Vision solutions.
- You will direct and align our internal team and external development partners, a chip design partner and a smart charger partner for a wireless solution for communication and powering the smart lens in order to ensure the achievement of the project’s milestones.
- You will translate the system requirements and specifications into an adequate ASIC V&V plan that meets the targeted coverage focused on medical devices (smart contact lenses).
- You will enable the transfer of the current ASIC’s specifications (proof-of-concept) to the new medical-focused design, communicated to the external design partner.
- You will manage any firmware or software required to integrate the ASIC with the system.
- You will develop and improve the validation environment workbench, EDA tools, hardware (PCB’s), software (scripts) and test’s equipment.
- You will develop and improve PCBs for functional tests of the smart lens and smart charger.
- You will drive production test requirements and implementation, in close coordination with the operations team.
- You are the ultimate technical responsible for the qualitative implementation of the required test cases, from module-level up to use case level.
- You lead the implementation of a validation report collecting data summary, compliance to requirements and conclusions.
- You will manage the product qualification of the ASIC for release to volume production, in close coordination with the operations team.
- You champion, review and implement best standards related to ASIC Design, ASIC development processes and documentation and verification and validation methods Needed:
- You have an MSc or PhD in electrical engineering (microelectronics preferred) with a proven ASIC and test design (at least 3 years of industrial experience).
- You have a fundamental understanding of IC architectures including mixed-signal design (amplifiers, LDO, comparators and PMU), near field energy and data transfer (RF protocols at HF) and light detection, with emphasis on technical risk and its mitigation.
- You can work across adjacent development disciplines like IC-design, HW- and firmware development.
- You have managed at least three ASIC designs from conception through volume manufacturing, including state-of-the-art validation/verification methods and tools (Cadence, PSPICE, ELDO or others).
- You have a proven track record of managing external parties to drive projects within budget (cost, time, performance) to the finish line.
- You have hands-on experience using laboratory’s measurement equipment (voltage supplies, frequency generators and others), PCB implementation (Eagle, Orcad, Altium) and testing the boards with standard protocols for ASIC designs and wireless RF boards.
- You are keen to maintain clear and up-to-date reporting of activities, following strict medical device regulations.
- You are able and willing to join our team in Belgium in the short time.
- You have developed test experiments with GUIs (graphical user interfaces) on languages such as: Python, Matlab or LabVIEW and doing some debus of digital circuits with FPGA or microcontrollers (VHDL or Verilog and C++).
- You are familiar with electrical safety tests (ISO-60601) and specific requirements from medical grade ASICs.
- You have experience working in small teams (startup model), taking part in all aspects of an ASIC/electronic design project, from design to validation.
- An opportunity to take a key role to develop a new medical device to the market improving the quality of life of millions of people.
- As one of the first team members of the company, you will be able to make a difference and be part of shaping a critical component of the product, the processes and the teams to make it happen.
Interested? Please send your CV with motivation letter to [email protected]
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated
Keywords: Engineering, System Engineer, ASIC, Microelectronics, Developer, ASIC Designer