Area Sales Manager - Rapidly growing niche rare disease drug company
This company is on its way to being a powerhouse in the areas where its strives to meet unmet medical needs. In Germany in particular the company is on a huge growth path, and with strong products and imminent launches this really is an exciting company to be at.
- To promote companies range of products to german healthcare professionals and other relevant stakeholders.
- To develop and manage business within the defined territory using a range of suitable tools and skills.
- With several exciting product launches to come, you will be tasked with hitting enhanced (but very achievable) sales targets
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and develop the defined sales territory and ensure that sales targets are met.
- Identify key sales opportunities, in line with defined international & German product strategies.
- Identify and develop key business relationships within the territory, including key opinion leaders to positively influence use of company brands nationally and internationally.
- Build & maintain a deep knowledge in each therapeutic area, of brand and competitor activity.
- Ensure a high level of teamwork and best practice sharing.
- Support the management in sales forecast and business plans in the area.
- Follow up local promotion expenses budget.
- Price and volume negotiations with hospital and retail pharmacists.
- Significant specialty care sales experience (≥ 3 years) (rare diseases and/or oncology very welcome)
- Pharmareferent qualification §75 AMG and experience in hospital and retail business.
- University level qualification in science, pharmacy or medicine preferred.
- Excellent networking, influencing, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, highly self-motivated, capable of developing business from a start-up position
- Substantial team orientation.