Remote, London £40k – £60k
Dataswift is the technology infrastructure company powering Data Economy 2.0 – the ethical data economy. Using our products, individuals, enterprises, and developers give, take and use personal data responsibly. Individuals get full ownership and control of their data. Developers and organisations get the APIs and tools they need to build scalable, data-rich applications with privacy and compliance built-in.
We’re looking for an Android developer to lead the development, technical design and maintenance of Dataswift’s Android application and SDK for Android.
You will be interacting with a range of technologies and collaborating with various team members to re-create our core Android application. You’ll be involved in a variety of exciting projects, alongside your day to day responsibilities, ensuring that we meet all design, usability and security requirements.
You can expect to:
- Have full responsibility over the entire Android App codebase - creating app updates, additional features and fixing bugs for release
- Developing and maintaining Android projects based on the Kotlin programming language
- Collaborate with the design and product teams to achieve the best possible UX outcomes and implement new features
- Work with multiple backend REST APIs
- Be the voice of the user in the engineering team
- Providing technical support internally when needed
- Build reusable and readable code
You will need:
- Demonstrable experience developing Android applications, particularly with Kotlin
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Experience using Git and working with Google Play Console for app updates
- Experience supporting a large variety of Android devices and using testing tools such as Mockito and JUnit
- Current and detailed knowledge of the capabilities of different Android API levels
- Champion the voice of the user while collaborating with other engineers
- Demonstrable experience of working with and testing against backend REST APIs
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with product, design, backend and frontend teams
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous delivery, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem-solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top-end engineering approach
Dataswift Culture & Values
We believe in the diversity of our team and we don’t judge based on gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, history, culture, geography, nationality or your secret aversion to coriander. If you feel you don’t match every single specification, reach out to us at email@example.com to discuss your options further.