This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 3 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is growing quickly and we are looking for an Android Developer to help accelerate our ability to deliver a top-notch product to our users. This is where you come in. You will ship features that affect million of users and revenue while playing with the latest technologies – our minSdkVersion is 16 – Jelly Bean.
As one of our Android developers you will:
Take responsibility in driving the Blinkist Android App from day 1
- Implement new features & polish the app by increasing stability, fixing bugs and thinking about the user experience
- Interact closely with designers & product managers to propose Android-suitable solutions
- Conduct code reviews and participate in regular standups to ensure quality and alignment
To do this, we believe you should have:
- 3+ years of Android specific development experience
- Strong experience with RxJava and testing (Espresso, JUnit)
- Some experience with Kotlin would be a plus
- Familiarity with Dagger and Gradle
- Passion for writing clean architecture and easily-testable code
- Be keen to work with best-practice agile development methods and to increase the team's effectiveness with each release
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free drinks, fresh fruit, and furious foosball fights, plus the nicest, smartest bunch of coworkers. Add a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Android Developer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to be part of a rapidly-growing, popular and valuable product, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!