Applus IDIADA is a young and dynamic organization that values participation, collaboration and long-term relationships. We continuously generate professional development opportunities and growth alternatives for motivated and engaged professionals.
About the position:
We’re offering a great opportunity to join our team working as a Project Chief; in particular for an Italian vehicle manufacturer.
It is a project to be developed at client’s premises in close cooperation with our technical headquarters. The objective of this client orientation approach is to offer the best solutions, availability and closest deal to our clients. The nature of our company would make it possible to enchain different projects even at international scale if that suits you, so you will have the opportunity to develop your career both at personal and professional level.
What will you do as a Project Chief?
- To guarantee the correct development of the project/internal process of relevant components and systems, consistently with the quality, performance, timing and cost targets assigned.
- To participate, with pre-development team, to the hand over phase of relevant components/systems for what concern technical solutions and corresponding performance, timing and cost targets.
- To ensure the completeness/availability of all documents necessary for sourcing start-up (sourcing package) and to keep them up to date and consistent with sourcing closing.
- To contribute, together with Project Responsibles and Test Plan Managers, to the technical validation plan definition of ADAS systems (reducing the number of test loops), to test review management and issue resolution according to the model time schedule.
- To ensure during all project development, the technical feasibility, the correct installation, the design robustness, the component manufacturability and the compliance of technical documentation, through the coordination of engineering and product suppliers.
- To manage, together with Design Responsible, the design/installation FMEAs execution performing the risk assessment and to provide support during process FMEAs execution.
- To make available the documentation necessary to implement technical modifications, to request their economical evaluations, to support Project Responsible during the approval phase and to guarantee the associated drawings release. To monitor, through the accountable departments, their application in production accordingly to time schedule.
- To ensure the completeness/availability of all documents necessary for tooling release.
- To carry out, with the help of ADAS specialists. The diagnostic activities on the relevant systems/components and provide engineering support in problem solving activities at the assembly plant from pilot phase through launch
What do you need to apply?
- 2 years’ proven experience in automotive engineering projects (design and/or validation) related to the fields of ADAS
- Electrical / Mechanical Engineering degree ideally in the automotive sector
- Strong organizational skills and solution-oriented approach
- Excellent interpersonal, team and communication skills
- Knowledge of automotive product development process, in particular related to electronic systems
- ADAS devices (Camera, radar, Lidar, Ultrasonic sensors etc.)
- Electronic components (SOC, memories, controllers)
- Mechanical architecture (dimensions, weight, fixing points, clearances)
- Software environment/application (OS, HMI framework, sw baseline, cybersecurity principles)
- Architecture solutions (supply, power management, protections, thermal management)
- Communication interfaces, protocols and their management (CAN, LIN, USB, Bluetooth, LVDS, WiFi)
- Performance and NCAP indicators: support definition and monitor progress to targets
- Track test on vehicle: logging and analysis
- Italian speaker and high level of English