We’re working to improve the lives of the international poor by connecting them to global payment networks. To do so, we build technology that makes it easy for organizations to pay and be paid by anyone, anytime, anywhere in the emerging markets.
Our platform is already being used to facilitate payments across Africa and Asia in some of the most challenging environments and worst humanitarian crises in the world -- from the ebola crisis in Liberia to refugee populations in Niger and Nigeria. These programs alone represent hundreds of billions of spend with nearly 1B recipients. And this is just the beginning: agriculture firms need to pay farmers, gig economy firms pay their workers and micro-lending companies provide loans. Just imagine the potential impact - direct and indirect - of building the rails to connect the 2.5B unbanked to modern enterprises around the world.
It’s an ambitious goal for a small-ish, venture-backed NY-based team. We’re looking to hire exceptional people who are excited by the mission, share our values and are pretty fun to be around. We have competitive salary and stock options, flexible hours, unlimited vacation, and great medical, dental, and vision benefits.
The Accountant will be managing day-to-day accounting and will be involved in all financial aspects of a multi-subsidiary international company, including end-to-end accounting cycle, income tax and financial reporting. You must be detail-oriented, passionate about accounting and enthusiastic to work within a fast-pace environment.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Conduct daily cash and accounts payable management
- Perform month-end and year-end close and reconciliation processes
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Coordinate and communicate efficiently and effectively with auditors and tax advisors
- Participate in special projects as they arise
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an accounting role
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills