The Other WorkSpace
I worked a lot both from home, and from cafés. And why would I ever even want to leave my comfy home to work from somewhere else?
As the days, weeks, and months passed, I started feeling more and more like in a (admittedly quite nice) prison cell, more like in my cosy home. So I thought to myself, let’s go to a coworking office! There’s plenty in the city and I’ll probably be more productive there, and meet some nice people!
I went. I went and went and went and went. To a ton of places. I was a “digital nomad” (hate the word though) for a while and this lead me to go to a ton of places both in Hungary and abroad.
There are a ton of different coworking offices, and I tried a lot of them out. Many of them were actually great to work from! Meeting with new people, going to work in a cosy place that has coffee, what more could I ask for?
Now that I settled in Budapest, the thing is that while overall the experience in some places is quite nice, and I really liked many of the coworking places I went to, I was feeling like there was something missing.
After going to these coworking spaces, they started to feel more like cafés than a place where I could actually focus on my work.
Initially I went to work from a coworking office because I wanted to be somewhere where I could focus on my work more than at home.
While the coworking places where I stayed for a bit of time started feeling like super cosy coffee shops where you gather with friends all day long, it wasn’t really fulfilling the goal I had initially set out for myself.
I wanted to go someplace where I would have a bit less noise, where I could focus more on my tasks, and get the work done more efficiently, so that later on I would enjoy meeting friends away from my work desk, and not have a to-do list getting longer by the day hanging over my head.
And this is why we opened our little coworking space, The Other WorkSpace in Budapest, less than a 2 minutes walk from the Lehet tér metro station on line 3.
This way, anyone working from The Other WorkSpace can focus on getting tasks off their to-do list, and be able to work without losing track of the tasks they work on, all the while being in a comfortable and cosy environment.
I am still going out to work from coffee shops once in a while, when I feel like it, but I know that I’ll always have my spot at The Other WorkSpace, in case I need to get some work done!
Articles about The Other WorkSpace:
- October 16, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: All 73 European funding rounds we tracked this week (Oct. 12-16, 2020)
- October 13, 2020 London-based Qatalog raises around €12.7 million for its work hub for distributed teams
- September 11, 2020 5 great ways to motivate your employees beyond their salary
- August 10, 2020 Lisbon’s startup ecosystem at a glance
- July 13, 2020 20 of Europe’s most influential female startup voices to follow on Twitter
- June 23, 2020 Slovakian startup NextRetreat raises €600K to organise team retreats and trips
- June 9, 2020 Insurtech, healthtech & wellbeing startups: Join the INsure open innovation programme (Sponsored)
- June 3, 2020 Copenhagen-based Good Monday nabs €3.5 million to change the way we run offices
- May 22, 2020 Prague-based Spaceti raises €3.5 million to expand its workspace solutions
- April 21, 2020 10 cool tools to jazz up your online work meetings
- April 8, 2020 TOP 50: Europe’s most influential women in the startup and venture capital space
- February 20, 2020 Alice Zagury, CEO of The Family, will speak at the EU-Startups Summit about designing a great startup environment
- February 12, 2020 EU-Startups Summit: What makes a great work environment for startup teams? A panel discussion with IWG, Maria 01, Talent Garden and The Family
- February 11, 2020 Apply now to join the finals of our big Pitch Competition at the EU-Startups Summit in Barcelona!
- January 7, 2020 Barcelona’s coolest coworking spaces to check out in 2020
- December 16, 2019 Winners of the 2019 Global Startup Awards announced in Changsha, China
- October 3, 2019 Antwerp-based proptech ZapfloorHQ raises €1 million for its coworking space management platform
- September 2, 2019 Copenhagen-based pricing optimization startup Danamica acquired by Indian proptech giant OYO