We started in London with a team of five, back in 2015. Now we’ve taken over two modern offices in London’s bustling Victoria, with a sleep lab, training rooms, and a ping pong table. From five, we’re now around a hundred and fifty five…though at the rate we’re growing, that number will quickly be out of date. Despite our rapid expansion, our philosophy has stayed the same: we want every member of the Simba family to wake up feeling supported from top to toe – and not just by our Simba Hybrid® Mattress.
Speaking of which, we started with data from 10 million sleepers to create our award-winning mattress. Our product team spent an entire year – and over 70 prototypes – using that information to design a mattress that works for every body type. And we fine-tuned every inch, from smaller, lighter pocket springs made especially for us to a unique air-flow cooling layer that’s changed the game for overheating.
More than 200,000 sales later, our mattress has over 70,000 five-star reviews. That’s more than any other mattress-in-a-box in Europe. And it’s given us a 9.5 rating on TrustPilot. We’ve picked up a fair few awards along the way, including a UK Product of the Year 2018, a Good Housekeeping Institute seal of approval and an Expert Reviews Best Buy.
We’ve teamed up with some amazing partners to make the dream work, as well. Like football star Gareth Bale, winger for two-time Champions League winners Real Madrid. And we’re official sponsors of the UK’s premier rugby club, Saracens.
Our products are engineered with innovation in mind and real sleepers at heart. We’re insight-led, powered by technology and driven by our ambition to redefine how the world thinks about sleep.
Articles about Simba:
- January 3, 2020 London-based Simba raises €21.5 million to become the world’s number one sleep brand
- July 8, 2019 UK-based pet tech startup ITCH launches and receives €5.6 million for its flea treatment subscription service
- January 15, 2019 10 European startups to help keep you comfy at home this winter
- October 18, 2018 10 promising startups that are tackling sleeping disorders
- December 18, 2017 London-based SleepTech startup Simba secures €45 million in Series B funding to expand globally