As our lives move from the physical to the virtual, gamers need a platform to share their digital experiences to meet and connect with peers. There are 2.5bn gamers worldwide, playing an average of 1h/day. Both numbers experience double digit growth.
Mainstream “real life” social platforms get gaming equivalents. Twitch is the YouTube of gaming. Discord is the Slack of gaming. But no one has built the Instagram of gaming: a platform focused on game clips, i.e. short videos of one’s gameplay.
Powder is the Instagram of gaming. Through specialized tools,we let gamers import their gameplay from PC, consoles (Xbox, PS4, Switch) or mobile.We let them edit it: trimming, visual + sound effects, overlays, zoom in/out, fast/slow motion, etc. And we let them share it, to our community or outside the app: Snap, TikTok, Instagram… Share clips. Make friends. Play with them. Repeat.
Powder is a deep tech startup. Our AI detects highlights from hours of gameplay, to help users trim and edit clips. It’s the engine behind our feed. Our team comprises four AI professionals, and we have several patents ranging from in-game highlights detection to emotions detection in the context of a mobile platform.
Powder is booming. In four months, we’ve created a 60k community on Discord and Instagram. 150+ people volunteer on the project. Our open beta lasted only 2 weeks – that’s the time it took to reach TestFlight’s 10k users limit. We’ve reached 1k five-stars ratings on the US Store in 10 days. And we’re just getting started.
Powder has raised €1.8m+ from leading Silicon Valley investors who have invested at early stages in Stripe, Airbnb or Snapchat. Members of our 15-people strong team have previously worked with Zenly, Lydia, Mindie, PandaScore, Artomatix, Nike and BCG, and have raised over €10m and sold multiple companies in the past.
Articles about Powder:
- November 6, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: All 64 European funding rounds we tracked this week (Nov 2-6, 2020)
- November 4, 2020 UK femtech MPowder closes €550K seed round to support women experiencing menopause
- August 18, 2020 Would you eat this? Why now is the time for insect farming startups
- August 3, 2020 “Insects will play an important role in tomorrow’s food chain”: Interview with Aude Guo, co-founder of Innovafeed
- July 21, 2020 Würzburg-based Headmade Materials secures €1.9 million for its low-cost metal 3D printing
- April 30, 2020 How is coronavirus impacting the funding landscape for startups?
- January 10, 2020 10 Hamburg-based startups to watch out for in 2020
- December 16, 2019 “It’s important to stick to your vision”: Interview with YFood’s CEO Noël
- November 28, 2019 10 Helsinki-based startups to watch out for in 2020 and beyond
- October 7, 2019 10 European biotech startups to look out for in 2019 and beyond
- September 13, 2019 10 European startups serving the vegan community
- August 7, 2019 10 promising circular economy startups that set out to make our world a better place
- June 19, 2019 10 success stories showing that social entrepreneurship can be profitable
- June 11, 2019 Creating a circular economy: if you’re a startup reducing waste, apply for the Green Alley Award now and win €25k! (Sponsored)
- May 13, 2019 Calling all startups reducing waste: Apply now for the Green Alley Award and win €25k! (Sponsored)
- May 8, 2019 Top 10 European foodtech startups that will fill your tummy
- February 4, 2019 Harvesting flies for protein: Hexafly secures another €1.1 million to feed fish and livestock
- January 17, 2019 Article 13: How startups would be affected by such a Copyright Reform