Like Locals is a travel media startup on a mission to inspire and empower curious explorers to uncover each city’s unique culture. We do this by blending invaluable community-driven local insights, immersive storytelling with innovative tech.
Our in-house editorial team and network of local insiders collaborate to create location-based content, which we currently deliver through our app and online channels. With a new functional online platform coming very soon.
Available for free on iOS and Android devices, the Like Locals app offers self-guided city trails called footprints, and insights into the best local hotspots. From quirky bars, rustic restaurants to unusual sculptures and historical buildings. Explorers can personalise the platform to match their needs through our intuitive recommendation engine and other in-app features.
Currently live in Budapest, London, Barcelona and Athens, with new cities expected to come by Spring 2020. We are also looking for content creators and local ambassadors to join our mission to break cultural boundaries and connect people.
Articles about Like Locals:
- August 5, 2020 Spotlight on N. Macedonia: 10% income tax, high business ease and in the heart of the Balkans
- July 2, 2020 The self-titled “G-spot of Europe”: Lithuania’s startup ecosystem at a glance
- June 11, 2020 10 promising European local and rural travel startups to watch
- April 10, 2020 North Macedonia: Skopje’s startup ecosystem at a glance
- December 31, 2019 Top tips for founders on how to survive frequent work travel
- November 13, 2019 EQT Ventures secures commitments totaling €660 million to back Europe’s most ambitious entrepreneurs and bring US startups into Europe
- August 9, 2019 Rainbow capitalism: European startups that are successfully serving the gay community
- August 7, 2019 10 Lisbon-based startups to look out for in 2019 and beyond
- April 29, 2019 10 European language learning startups
- March 5, 2019 Dutch travel tech scale-up Withlocals raises €8 million to allow travellers to enjoy cities ‘like a local’
- February 28, 2019 Bucharest-based Questo raises funding for its app that transforms every city into an exploration game
- February 11, 2019 5 European apps to help you meet new people
- January 31, 2019 10 Dutch startups to watch in 2019
- December 14, 2018 Amsterdam-based e-scooter startup dott raises €20 million to expand across European cities
- October 8, 2018 The 10 coolest coworking spaces in Turin
- September 6, 2018 10 European startups tackling the refugees crisis
- November 14, 2017 Stockholm-based Triple secures $500K to solve the problem of feeling like a tourist when traveling
- September 22, 2017 Overview of the 10 best co-working spaces in Amsterdam