The Home industry is a fragmented market worth a staggering £36 billion and is still not regulated.
The UK’s home Improvement market still has a feeling of uncertainty for both consumers and tradespeople as everybody must put their trust in each other from the outset. This is where it can and does go wrong because this trust is being abused by the dishonest people.
This industry lacks transparency for both the consumers and tradespeople, making it difficult for them to know with whom they’re dealing with and if they can really trust them, with as many as 58% of UK homeowners currently at a loss by who to turn to for home improvements.
In this industry nobody is accountable for their actions. If anything goes wrong, both rogue traders and rogue customers can get away with it as there is no way to tell anybody.
For the tradespeople, if the customer does not pay, the tradespeople struggle to pay their bills and encounter cash flow problems in doing so. If the trades person takes them to court, it then costs them more money and if they do not have any money to pay then they are given the opportunity to set up a monthly affordable payment plan. In the meantime, the tradespeople still must pay their bills, leaving them out of pocket.
The UK home improvement market is a sector that has many issues for both the consumers and tradespeople. The sad thing is these issues have never really been addressed. This has allowed the industry to continue getting a bad reputation, based upon bad experiences that both the tradespeople and consumers continue to suffer.
Until now, welcome Koti.
The solution to bring this fragmented industry together is to regulate all the trades people but honestly the government do not have the time or the resources to do this.
I am bringing Koti to the market to Make Life Easy for both our customers and our trade partners, we connect customers looking to improve their homes with quality vetted trade partners. We at Koti Would have our own regulations in what we call “The Koti Standard” and this is how we look to do this.
What makes us different for the customer?
• Unlike the ever-growing number or rating sites or lead generation sites, we support the customer and trade partner throughout the project ensuring the work is of a high standard and any customer issues are resolved quickly.
• Once the work is complete, we apply “The Koti Standard” guarantee of 5 years
• We will offer finance via a partner to make payments easier for customers.
• We will work closely with regional Trading Standards agencies
• Our Website shall offer a group hub (The Hub) allowing easy communication between Koti, the Trade Partner & the customer. This also offers extra protection for each party.
• Be a buffer between the Client and trades person, defusing any potential conflict between them.
What makes us different for the Trades person?
• We will increase revenue with additional work
• Triage the customers to reduce wasted journeys.
• Assist in customers queries.
• Guarantee payments in 7 days subject to completing Koti’s completion check list.
• New quoting process meaning they do not even have to win the job.
• Extensive marketing via Google to create more job opportunities