Just Venue aims to connect event hosts and organisers with venue owners and managers.
The website has taken inspiration from other community platforms like AirBnB, Uber and TaskRabbit.
Company founder Jamie Shankland has developed the website over the past year with project lead Callum Dickson.
He said: The advent of community-sourced services like Uber and AirBnB have grown to make a substantial impact on the global economy.
For the first time, such companies can offer services at competitive rates, while allowing people to earn money by using their skills or assets.
Just Venue takes the core social economy concept and applies it to the event booking industry.
Customers will have the opportunity to book a wide variety of spaces directly from owners and venue managers.
From intimate private dinners to parties and corporate events, the possibilities are truly endless.
The platform features a growing database of locations, listed by types and features.
Each space is advertised with a comprehensive profile, displaying accurate and up-to-date images, as well as user reviews, conditions and booking details.
Articles about Just Venue:
- March 4, 2021 “There is a huge opportunity for SaaS companies in 2021”: Interview with Paddle’s co-founder Christian Owens
- March 3, 2021 Austrian femtech startup breathe ilo raises €3 million to grow its CO2-based fertility tracking device in the UK
- March 1, 2021 10 startups every creative should get to know in 2021
- February 25, 2021 What will the future of work be like in 2021 and beyond?
- February 25, 2021 Paris-based Sorare raises a €40 million Series A to help fans own their football passion online
- February 24, 2021 “Take care of your team. Building a business is a marathon”: Interview with Ringover’s CEO, Renaud Charvet
- February 22, 2021 London-based last-mile delivery startup, Gophr, raises €4.6 million
- February 16, 2021 10 skyrocketing Spanish startups to watch in 2021 and beyond
- February 11, 2021 10 promising Netherlands-based startup stars to watch in 2021
- February 4, 2021 “Guest Experience Management is the new way of working for restaurants”: Interview with Superb’s founder, Zaedo Musa
- January 28, 2021 Ecosia and Brave partner to offer most private and ethical search/browser combination
- January 22, 2021 Lisbon-based Vawlt lands €550K for its B2B cloud technology
- January 21, 2021 10 rising star startups from Slovakia to watch in 2021
- January 15, 2021 6 warning signs that your startup might fail soon
- January 14, 2021 Swedish startup Minna Technologies raises €15.5 million to help retail banks enable their subscription management offering
- January 7, 2021 French startup Pennylane raises €15 million to help businesses regain full control of their finances
- December 29, 2020 5 New Year’s resolutions every entrepreneur should make
- December 22, 2020 UK startup Kuula raises over €500K to propel the launch of its online fitness and wellness player