Just Venue aims to connect event hosts and organisers with venue owners and managers.
The website has taken inspiration from other community platforms like AirBnB, Uber and TaskRabbit.
Company founder Jamie Shankland has developed the website over the past year with project lead Callum Dickson.
He said: The advent of community-sourced services like Uber and AirBnB have grown to make a substantial impact on the global economy.
For the first time, such companies can offer services at competitive rates, while allowing people to earn money by using their skills or assets.
Just Venue takes the core social economy concept and applies it to the event booking industry.
Customers will have the opportunity to book a wide variety of spaces directly from owners and venue managers.
From intimate private dinners to parties and corporate events, the possibilities are truly endless.
The platform features a growing database of locations, listed by types and features.
Each space is advertised with a comprehensive profile, displaying accurate and up-to-date images, as well as user reviews, conditions and booking details.
Articles about Just Venue:
- October 28, 2020 London-based ‘next gen’ market research startup Streetbees raises €34 million to advance deeptech to decode human behaviour
- October 27, 2020 Reinventing the way people interact with machinery – Interview with Inxpect founder Luca Salgarelli
- October 23, 2020 “Sustainability is an increasingly important criteria in the decision-making process by customers”: Interview with Tylko’s co-founder Benjamin Kuna
- October 13, 2020 Meet the 20 European scaleups that made it into the finals of this year’s EIT Digital Challenge
- October 7, 2020 “There’s a shift from dealing with death ‘reactively’ to ‘preventatively’”: Interview with Closure’s co-founder Graciëlla van Vliet
- October 2, 2020 “Romania is a country that truly shines”: Interview with business angel and serial entrepreneur Grégoire Vigroux
- October 1, 2020 Paris-based Sendinblue raises €136.5 million to develop a digital marketing giant
- September 29, 2020 Lille-based Exotec raises €77.1 million to support the international expansion of its warehouse robotics solutions
- September 29, 2020 Vienna-based Bitpanda secures €44.5 million to expand its investment ‘for everyone’ platform across Europe
- September 16, 2020 Estonian construction tech Remato raises €450K to grow its management platform and app
- September 8, 2020 Support independent media and become a founding member of the EU-Startups CLUB
- August 11, 2020 Tips on how to land funding during the pandemic, from Europe’s VCs
- July 27, 2020 Berlin-based cargo.one, a real-time air cargo booking engine, raises €16 million to expand to North America and Asia
- July 23, 2020 Madrid-based Playtomic acquires Milan-based PrenotaUnCampo to become Europe’s leading racket sports app
- July 16, 2020 Paris-based Sorare raises €3.5 million to accelerate the growth of its global fantasy football game
- July 9, 2020 Europe’s green search engine Ecosia reaches milestone of 100 million trees planted
- July 8, 2020 London-based Permutive raises €16.4 million Series B funding to help publishers increase advertising revenues
- July 7, 2020 Helsinki-based Basemark nabs €7 million to grow its automotive software