Funded by the Mayor of London and some of the world’s top tech entrepreneurs, and partnered with leading national charities like Shelter and St Mungo’s, Beam has proven a powerful new model to help disadvantaged people get into stable work and support themselves. Beam is currently focused on helping homeless people in London.
In Beam’s first year, Beam won the London Homelessness Award and ‘Best use of Technology’ in homelessness.
Beyond homelessness, Beam was recognised by The FT as one of the top 100 most innovative organisations in Europe and was named by The Guardian as one of the most important social innovations of 2018.
In Beam’s second year, we won Best Tech for Good in Europe and our founder and CEO, Alex Stephany, won an award for Best Social Entrepreneur in the UK.
A breakthrough innovation in social mobility, Beam has been covered widely, including by the BBC, The Times, The FT, The Independent, Evening Standard, Sky, Time Out and others.
As for the growing social impact we’re making? Check out our Live Data page which transparently shows over 50 live data points:
Articles about Beam:
- September 23, 2020 How can we discuss racial diversity and inclusion at work? (interviews with founders)
- July 15, 2020 Paris-based Ponicode raises €3 million to accelerate the development of its AI solution for improving code quality
- June 15, 2020 Brighton-based Universal Quantum nabs €4 million to lead the quantum computing race
- May 29, 2020 Slovak startup GymBeam nabs around €6 million for its fitness brand
- April 8, 2020 TOP 50: Europe’s most influential women in the startup and venture capital space
- January 20, 2020 “Even with a problem like homelessness, we think there’s reason to be optimistic.”: Interview with Alex, CEO of BEAM
- January 6, 2020 5 promising European startups tackling the effects of poverty
- October 8, 2019 TOP 50: Europe’s most influential women in the startup and venture capital space
- October 4, 2019 Auticon: the social enterprise employing people on the autism spectrum
- September 18, 2019 10 European startups shaping the future of the construction industry
- September 4, 2019 The basics of launching a successful crowdfunding campaign
- June 12, 2019 Estonian-founded equity trading platform Funderbeam raises €4 million in Series A funding
- April 25, 2019 Croatian smart furniture startup Include raises over €1 million in just over 24 hours on Funderbeam SEE
- April 17, 2019 60+ awesome people you’ll meet at this year’s EU-Startups Summit
- April 16, 2019 27 European startups that have reached unicorn status
- April 5, 2019 10 things you’ll learn at this year’s EU-Startups Summit on May 2-3 in Barcelona