Funded by the Mayor of London and some of the world's top tech entrepreneurs, and partnered with leading national charities like Shelter and St Mungo's, Beam has proven a powerful new model to help disadvantaged people get into stable work and support themselves. Beam is currently focused on helping homeless people in London.
In Beam's first year, Beam won the London Homelessness Award and 'Best use of Technology' in homelessness.
Beyond homelessness, Beam was recognised by The FT as one of the top 100 most innovative organisations in Europe and was named by The Guardian as one of the most important social innovations of 2018.
In Beam's second year, we won Best Tech for Good in Europe and our founder and CEO, Alex Stephany, won an award for Best Social Entrepreneur in the UK.
A breakthrough innovation in social mobility, Beam has been covered widely, including by the BBC, The Times, The FT, The Independent, Evening Standard, Sky, Time Out and others.
As for the growing social impact we're making? Check out our Live Data page which transparently shows over 50 live data points:
Articles about Beam:
- October 24, 2022 Launches, Partnerships & Expansions: Interesting startup milestones last week
- September 23, 2022 All of the European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (September 19-23)
- June 28, 2022 London-based Screenloop secures €6.6 million for its platform fueling better hiring decisions
- April 22, 2022 Weekly VC Overview: All European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (April 18-22)
- March 10, 2022 Barcelona-based Yaba gets a €75 million boost
- March 8, 2022 TOP 100: Europe’s most influential women in the startup and venture capital space
- December 23, 2021 Beam me up Scotty: 5 European startups having a meaningful impact on the future of space tech
- November 12, 2021 Weekly VC Overview: All European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (Nov. 8-12)
- November 11, 2021 Audio-based social media platform from Berlin scores an additional €2.5 million funding for its mission to bring people closer together
- November 4, 2021 OQmented, a Germany pioneer in AR/VR Display and 3D Sensing Solutions, scores €8 million in funding
- June 18, 2021 Weekly VC Overview: All 115 European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (June 14-18)
- May 5, 2021 France/US-based Snipfeed, social media monetisation tool, raises €4.2 million to build creators’ super-storefronts
- March 11, 2021 Estonian influencer marketplace Promoty raises €1.2 million to connect influencers & brands
- February 12, 2021 Weekly VC Overview: All 81+ European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (8-12 Feb, 2021)
- February 5, 2021 Weekly VC Overview: All European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (1-5 Feb, 2021)
- October 23, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: All 65 European funding rounds we tracked this week (Oct. 19-23, 2020)
- September 23, 2020 How can we discuss racial diversity and inclusion at work? (interviews with founders)
- July 15, 2020 Paris-based Ponicode raises €3 million to accelerate the development of its AI solution for improving code quality