Investing in cryptocurrencies is a volatile game. We know, we have invested in 100 different cryptocurrencies every day for 18 months. The Alpha Trusted 20 is the result of this research & development, industry insights, a deep understanding of the underling technologies, and the people behind them.
Market capitalization is equal to the latest price multiplied by the circulating supply of the tokens. Scored by the coins market capitalization against Bitcoin.
The project is scored on the overall viability of the project – Including factors such as technology, active developer contributions, severity of security vulnerabilities, number of nodes in the network, throughput of the system, availability on exchanges for liquidity, and the vision of the project as a whole.
The team is scored from multiple criteria including: Foundation team as a whole, individual founders experience, core developer competence, quality and quantity of investors backing the project, history of the team shipping product milestones and community contributions to the project.
The weighting in the Alpha index is determined by the cryptocurrencies overall score. The weighting is calculated monthly and adjusted accordingly.
Articles about Alpha:
- August 5, 2021 Austrian scaleup refurbed snaps up €45.4 million to grow its refurbished electronics marketplace
- July 30, 2021 Weekly VC Overview: All 105 European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (July 26-30)
- July 12, 2021 “It is in our nature to be pioneers. We are not wired to wait around for a return to normality”: Interview with BOOM’s CEO Federico Mattia Dolci
- July 7, 2021 Austria-based Blockpit lands €8.4 million investment to boost its Cryptotax software
- May 31, 2021 What’s it really like to fundraise whilst pregnant? Female founders share their stories
- May 20, 2021 Paris-based Virtuo raises €78.7 million to scale its car-on-demand service
- May 5, 2021 France/US-based Snipfeed, social media monetisation tool, raises €4.2 million to build creators’ super-storefronts
- April 28, 2021 “Demand for more authentic online experiences will continue to grow”: Interview with Yubo’s co-founder & CEO, Sacha Lazimi
- April 12, 2021 What would a breakup of Google mean for startups?
- March 5, 2021 When is a startup no longer a startup?
- February 23, 2021 2150 announces €130 million first close of fund for companies focusing on urban sustainability
- February 9, 2021 10 promising Poland-based startup stars to watch in 2021
- January 29, 2021 Weekly VC Overview: All 66 European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (Jan 25-29, 2021)
- January 27, 2021 Heidelberg-based Aleph Alpha raises €5.3 million to lead “Made in Europe” AI development
- November 20, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: The 76 European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (Nov 16-20, 2020)
- November 19, 2020 British cannatech startup Alphagreen raises €1.2 million to launch new CBD services and fuel US expansion
- October 8, 2020 Paris-based fintech Joko raises €10 million to disrupt cashback in Europe
- September 25, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: All 80 European funding rounds we tracked this week (Sept. 21-25, 2020)