Manufacturers are heavily reliant on high street merchants to sell their products, located in remote, hard to find industrial estates, that close 4pm weekdays, weekends, bank holidays and offer limited stock and product availability
This affects 2 million installers and their businesses throughout the UK that must regularly travel to purchase their goods and materials
This also affects the growing trend of homeowners wanting to buy their own heating products that currently do not know where to go, what’s available or what to pay
The 15 million homes in the UK with insufficient heating systems and 4 million homes in fuel poverty.
This is partly attributed to wrongly sized and installed heating systems that are both costly to buy, service and inefficient to run
Whats the solution?
A centralised E-commerce platform that provides manufacturers, merchants and distributors the opportunity to market and sell to a larger, more receptive consumer market for the first time.
A sustainable, cost effective and scalable platform that offers consumers a convenient, immersive and enjoyable experience, in a real time environment providing more choice, more delivery and more collection options
A platform that benefits from two award winning ‘system sizing apps’ (that took 2 years to build) for essential on-screen help to those wanting to calculate correctly sized (and high ticket) heating products such as boilers, radiators and underfloor heating, that can be purchased securely through the site.
A platform aimed at keeping build costs down and to work alongside current distribution networks, so no physical storage of items is required
Articles about Agora:
- December 11, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: The 68 European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (Dec 7-11, 2020)
- December 7, 2020 UK startup AGORA lands over €5 million and launches new social commerce platform for the beauty industry
- September 25, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: All 80 European funding rounds we tracked this week (Sept. 21-25, 2020)
- September 18, 2019 Agorapulse, a previously bootstrapped social media management platform, raises €16.6 million
- May 19, 2017 Spotify acquires French AI startup Niland to improve its music personalization
- September 14, 2016 What the tech community could do to help refugees who are coming to Europe – an interview with Paula Schwarz
- October 15, 2014 Overview of the best coworking spaces in Berlin
- September 23, 2014 Cryptosense closes 700k€ Seed Investment Round
- July 19, 2012 More and more Polish media companies join Piano Media’s paid-content system