Act Now Limited
Act Now is a bold and essential step that we need to make to end the war on plastic pollution and we cannot create change and manage plastic in the future without the right information to confirm what we currently fear. Governments, organisations and companies need this essential data in order to rationalise the damage that we have created, so we can enforce new legislation, before we do further irrevocable harm to our planet
Due to launch in January 2020 Act Now is a free Social Media App that anyone can download and join, in order to take part in a worldwide survey to measure how much plastic waste is produced, to identify the worst effected areas, as well as to expose the brands and create change for the pollution that is killing us, the environment and the wildlife around us.
Using the power of Social Media, users can download the App on any smartphone, take a photo of plastic, that they find on beaches, oceans, rivers, towns and countryside and upload it to the Act Now timeline. Here other members can support and vote for a post, comment and share their discovery across any other social media site, that will identify the brand. With each posts location logged and added to the Act Now database and stored to create extensive data and information for the future. Members can then also create personal and environmental groups on the App and invite friends, who likewise can share with others online as well as other social groups on their phone.
The resulting data collected from a single post can offer extensive information about the brand, product, manufacturer, plastic composition as well as its physical location, where it was made and type of area it was found. This information can then be used in the future by organisations and governments to bring change to manufacturing process and the way we manage and recycle plastic in the future.
Act Now so far has received extensive support and is already a leading member of the Plastic Pollution Coalition, The climate Coalition, Break Free from Plastic, and Environmental Justice Foundation, and also has partner and collaboration partnerships with many other organisations worldwide, including the African Conservation Foundation, Natural Resources Defence Council, Team for Nature, Alliance to end plastic Waste, A Plastic Planet, Plastic Bank, The Nature Conservancy Council and many more.
With previous offers of support through senior board members of organisations distributed worldwide from the UK, Europe, Asia, Africa, Canada and America, with memberships totalling 80 million.
Sponsorships and grants are one of the industries main marketing components for companies to maintain a green profile, this is especially important for companies that have a poor environmental record, The Alliance to End Plastic Waste has a budget of 1.5 billion over the next 5 years with $1 billion put aside with the Coca Cola Foundation alone.
Act Now is a start-up that has already created a great deal of interest with environmental groups worldwide and is looking for funding that will help exceed its current growth to increase its senior work force, to extend its network of sponsors and grants as well as to increase partnerships with other environmental organisations worldwide.
Articles about Act Now Limited:
- February 25, 2021 What will the future of work be like in 2021 and beyond?
- February 23, 2021 “In five years, employees will choose jobs based on a psychologically considerate environment”: Interview with Spill’s founder Calvin Benton
- February 23, 2021 2150 announces €130 million first close of fund for companies focusing on urban sustainability
- February 17, 2021 10 promising Ireland-based startups to watch in 2021
- February 10, 2021 10 European startups helping you find the perfect Valentine’s Day gift
- February 9, 2021 10 promising Poland-based startup stars to watch in 2021
- February 1, 2021 Could you handle being part of a startup’s founding team?
- January 29, 2021 10 promising Latvia-based startups to watch in 2021
- January 22, 2021 Relocation startup Perchpeek raises €2.2 million to help employees work anywhere
- January 19, 2021 10 of the most promising Italian startups to watch out for in 2021
- January 7, 2021 A beginner’s guide to Google Analytics for startups
- January 6, 2021 Paris-based Sorare, a leading fantasy football game developer, partners with Liverpool FC
- December 18, 2020 “Democratization is key to why fintech has been so disruptive”: Interview with Chip’s CEO and founder, Simon Rabin
- December 15, 2020 Top 10 books to give startup enthusiasts these Christmas holidays
- December 15, 2020 ‘Netflix for Toys’ startup Whirli lands €4.3 million to expand its sustainable toy subscription service
- December 14, 2020 10 PR mistakes every startup makes (and how to avoid them)
- December 10, 2020 10 cool Christmas gifts made for you by European startups
- November 26, 2020 Startup branding 101: the psychology of colour, font & more