Act Now Limited
Act Now is a bold and essential step that we need to make to end the war on plastic pollution and we cannot create change and manage plastic in the future without the right information to confirm what we currently fear. Governments, organisations and companies need this essential data in order to rationalise the damage that we have created, so we can enforce new legislation, before we do further irrevocable harm to our planet
Due to launch in January 2020 Act Now is a free Social Media App that anyone can download and join, in order to take part in a worldwide survey to measure how much plastic waste is produced, to identify the worst effected areas, as well as to expose the brands and create change for the pollution that is killing us, the environment and the wildlife around us.
Using the power of Social Media, users can download the App on any smartphone, take a photo of plastic, that they find on beaches, oceans, rivers, towns and countryside and upload it to the Act Now timeline. Here other members can support and vote for a post, comment and share their discovery across any other social media site, that will identify the brand. With each posts location logged and added to the Act Now database and stored to create extensive data and information for the future. Members can then also create personal and environmental groups on the App and invite friends, who likewise can share with others online as well as other social groups on their phone.
The resulting data collected from a single post can offer extensive information about the brand, product, manufacturer, plastic composition as well as its physical location, where it was made and type of area it was found. This information can then be used in the future by organisations and governments to bring change to manufacturing process and the way we manage and recycle plastic in the future.
Act Now so far has received extensive support and is already a leading member of the Plastic Pollution Coalition, The climate Coalition, Break Free from Plastic, and Environmental Justice Foundation, and also has partner and collaboration partnerships with many other organisations worldwide, including the African Conservation Foundation, Natural Resources Defence Council, Team for Nature, Alliance to end plastic Waste, A Plastic Planet, Plastic Bank, The Nature Conservancy Council and many more.
With previous offers of support through senior board members of organisations distributed worldwide from the UK, Europe, Asia, Africa, Canada and America, with memberships totalling 80 million.
Sponsorships and grants are one of the industries main marketing components for companies to maintain a green profile, this is especially important for companies that have a poor environmental record, The Alliance to End Plastic Waste has a budget of 1.5 billion over the next 5 years with $1 billion put aside with the Coca Cola Foundation alone.
Act Now is a start-up that has already created a great deal of interest with environmental groups worldwide and is looking for funding that will help exceed its current growth to increase its senior work force, to extend its network of sponsors and grants as well as to increase partnerships with other environmental organisations worldwide.
Articles about Act Now Limited:
- October 8, 2020 How to find capital for your online business? DRVE offers expertise and flexible funding (Sponsored)
- October 7, 2020 “There’s a shift from dealing with death ‘reactively’ to ‘preventatively’”: Interview with Closure’s co-founder Graciëlla van Vliet
- October 5, 2020 Seaya Ventures launches €85 million fund for European deeptech startups
- October 5, 2020 Crowdcube and Seedrs plan to merge to create one of the world’s largest private equity marketplaces
- September 17, 2020 Helsinki-based HappySignals snaps up €4.7 million to help put employee experience at the core of digital transformation
- September 16, 2020 How can startups & scaleups benefit from the EU-Startups CLUB?
- September 16, 2020 Crista Galli Ventures launches evergreen fund to revolutionise healthtech investing in Europe
- September 8, 2020 Support independent media and become a founding member of the EU-Startups CLUB
- September 3, 2020 Munich-based Demodesk raises €6.7 million from Balderton Capital to scale its intelligent online sales meeting software
- August 21, 2020 British Lithium secures €560K for its game-changing lithium extraction tech for batteries and electric vehicles
- August 20, 2020 London-based real estate investment platform IMMO raises additional €3 million to support its European expansion
- August 5, 2020 Spotlight on N. Macedonia: 10% income tax, high business ease and in the heart of the Balkans
- July 29, 2020 Language exchange app Tandem raises €4.9 million in Series A funding
- July 29, 2020 “The key long-term change will be internationalisation of startup investment”: Interview with Seedrs co-founder and Executive Chairman, Jeff Lynn
- July 21, 2020 Würzburg-based Headmade Materials secures €1.9 million for its low-cost metal 3D printing
- July 15, 2020 London-based TOffeeAM secures €1.1 million to expand with its design software for 3D printing
- July 14, 2020 Munich-based Userlane scores €10 million for the global expansion of its digital adoption software platform
- July 10, 2020 How to build a Minimum Viable Brand Experience for your startup