Act Now Limited
Act Now is a bold and essential step that we need to make to end the war on plastic pollution and we cannot create change and manage plastic in the future without the right information to confirm what we currently fear. Governments, organisations and companies need this essential data in order to rationalise the damage that we have created, so we can enforce new legislation, before we do further irrevocable harm to our planet
Due to launch in January 2020 Act Now is a free Social Media App that anyone can download and join, in order to take part in a worldwide survey to measure how much plastic waste is produced, to identify the worst effected areas, as well as to expose the brands and create change for the pollution that is killing us, the environment and the wildlife around us.
Using the power of Social Media, users can download the App on any smartphone, take a photo of plastic, that they find on beaches, oceans, rivers, towns and countryside and upload it to the Act Now timeline. Here other members can support and vote for a post, comment and share their discovery across any other social media site, that will identify the brand. With each posts location logged and added to the Act Now database and stored to create extensive data and information for the future. Members can then also create personal and environmental groups on the App and invite friends, who likewise can share with others online as well as other social groups on their phone.
The resulting data collected from a single post can offer extensive information about the brand, product, manufacturer, plastic composition as well as its physical location, where it was made and type of area it was found. This information can then be used in the future by organisations and governments to bring change to manufacturing process and the way we manage and recycle plastic in the future.
Act Now so far has received extensive support and is already a leading member of the Plastic Pollution Coalition, The climate Coalition, Break Free from Plastic, and Environmental Justice Foundation, and also has partner and collaboration partnerships with many other organisations worldwide, including the African Conservation Foundation, Natural Resources Defence Council, Team for Nature, Alliance to end plastic Waste, A Plastic Planet, Plastic Bank, The Nature Conservancy Council and many more.
With previous offers of support through senior board members of organisations distributed worldwide from the UK, Europe, Asia, Africa, Canada and America, with memberships totalling 80 million.
Sponsorships and grants are one of the industries main marketing components for companies to maintain a green profile, this is especially important for companies that have a poor environmental record, The Alliance to End Plastic Waste has a budget of 1.5 billion over the next 5 years with $1 billion put aside with the Coca Cola Foundation alone.
Act Now is a start-up that has already created a great deal of interest with environmental groups worldwide and is looking for funding that will help exceed its current growth to increase its senior work force, to extend its network of sponsors and grants as well as to increase partnerships with other environmental organisations worldwide.
Articles about Act Now Limited:
- June 24, 2021 10 great tools to start and grow your e-commerce business in 2021
- June 22, 2021 10 great tools to boost the productivity of your startup team in 2021
- June 21, 2021 12 Software-as-a-Service products to boost the sales results of your startup
- June 21, 2021 4 ways to ensure success when talking to investors
- June 18, 2021 HR Software: 10 great tools which help startups to hire, grow, and thrive!
- June 18, 2021 “Micromobility gives more personal choice to people in the way that they move”: Interview with investor Per Brilioth, CEO at VNV Global
- June 16, 2021 Who controls your startup’s community? (Sponsored)
- June 15, 2021 15 Marketing Tools to Boost Your Startup’s Growth in 2021
- June 11, 2021 Berlin-based Incari lands €15 million Series A funding to lead new generations of human-machine interfaces
- June 9, 2021 How can you scale your smart city startup in Europe? Here are 5 top tips!
- May 27, 2021 How to know if your startup idea is worth pursuing
- May 27, 2021 Oslo-based Vev secures €5 million to grow its visual editor for developers
- May 26, 2021 Growth Marketing 101: What is it, and how does it work?
- May 20, 2021 Sustainable city solutions: Meet the 10 top startups shortlisted for the 2021 Future Hamburg Award (Sponsored)
- May 13, 2021 5 signs your startup should be outsourcing
- May 11, 2021 Warsaw-based ProperGate raises €1 million to digitalise construction site logistics
- May 10, 2021 “Startups are key to the twin digital and green transition”: Interview with Helen Kopman, Deputy Head of Unit for Digital Innovation & Blockchain, European Commission
- May 3, 2021 Top budget-friendly European cities for digital nomad founders