The European startup ecosystem is full of interesting and exciting news, twists and turns. At EU-Startups, our aim is to keep you informed on everything that’s going on and share the inspiring entrepreneurial spirit this continent has to offer. From big funding announcements, duocorns picking up pace, to new partnerships and conscious collaborations – there’s never a dull day!
This week, collaborations making for a more sustainable world and the startup helping employees relocate and international teams thrive.
Launches and Expansions
- Localyze, the global mobility platform that makes employee relocation and internationalisation faster, easier and more efficient, launched its Talent platform. The platform includes quick access to key elements – appointment dates, knowledge and partner offers, and documents – from a single dashboard on mobile and desktop, as well as a personalised, transparent, step-by-step journey. It enables HR managers to follow and support each stage of their talent’s end-to-end journey with full transparency and insight, while businesses can vastly boost their talent pool and employee satisfaction and improve retention while cutting the costs and time involved.
- Numeral announced its launch in the UK, with the support of SEPA, Bacs, and FPS payments for UK fintech companies. Numeral’s banking aggregation and payment automation platform provides fintech companies with fast and cost-effective access to SEPA, Bacs, and FPS through their banking partners.
- London-founded fintech Detected has announced its expansion into the US market. The company, which provides a global end-to-end KYB platform, has established a US entity to better serve its American clients.
Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Coverflex completed the full, all-stock acquisition deal of EatsReady, a digital-only meal solution in Italy. EatsReady was founded in 2017 by Olivia Burgio and Micaela Illy, which successfully raised a Venture Capital Round from GELLIFY, Copernion and Timelock Ventures.
- Cooltra and Cabify teamed up to enable Cooltra’s moped rental service per minute on Cabify’s app, as a joint commitment to continue promoting zero-emission urban mobility alternatives.
- Smart energy company, gridX, partnered up with the operator of one of the largest networks of independent EV charging stations in Europe and North America, ChargePoint. The partnership was concluded after a successful pilot phase in the UK and Germany. In the first year of the partnership, ChargePoint will integrate gridX technology into its software solution to make meter and system data digitally accessible, and to provide further control of charging processes.
- Two digital banking experts, ConnectPay, a Lithuanian-based fintech, and Velmie, joined forces to offer fintech players a new technology solution, enabling them to launch a new digital bank in a matter of days.
- Intergiro, a leading European Banking as a Service (BaaS) platform based in Sweden, announced its partnership with Retreeb, a Swiss payment solution empowering consumers to support social causes.
- EV charging platform Monta unveiled a new partnership with Nevo, Ireland’s dedicated EV marketplace, to roll out smart charging solutions for EV charging points across commercial and residential locations, with the first installs happening at two separate residential apartment blocks in Dublin.