The European startup ecosystem is full of interesting and exciting news, twists and turns. At EU-Startups, our aim is to keep you informed on everything that’s going on and share the inspiring entrepreneurial spirit this continent has to offer. From big funding announcements, duocorns picking up pace, to new partnerships and conscious collaborations – there’s never a dull day!
This week, a new edtech course to empower women at work, pet tech spreading its wings and new funds to back Ukrainian entrepreneurs.
Launches and Expansions
- Coaching company topbird launched its Women at Work toolkit – a course designed to help women spread their wings and soar in the workplace. The three-week course places the emphasis on community and personal experiences, instead of relying on ‘tick-box’ training.
- Vegan pet food brand Omni launched its crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs to help accelerate its growth and develop its community following. The brand has enjoyed 30% avg month-on-month revenue growth since launch.
- Impact Force, a Ukrainian NGO, powered and supported by numerous Ukrainian and international partners, launched a business accelerator Impact Business for Ukrainian entrepreneurs who are committed to recovery efforts in the most impacted areas of Ukraine’s economy.
- Insurtech Peppercorn launched one of the world’s first conversational AI insurance assistants, on Confused. It uses intuitive, smart technology to help customers through the insurance process, removing the need for call centres and manual forms. Not only does this keep operating costs low, but it also results in fairer pricing for consumers.
- Pet tech startup Lassie expanded to Germany, giving pet owners the chance to access pet insurance that focuses on helping pet parents keep their beloved pets healthy. The aim is to reduce vet costs and prevent problems or injuries from happening in the first place.
Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Global music technology platform Orfium acquired London-based Soundmouse in a deal that brings together the global players in digital music and broadcast rights management and reporting.
- Flooid announced a strategic partnership with FreedomPay, the global leader in Next Level Commerce™, to bring industry-leading Retail solutions to merchants globally. Powered by FreedomPay, Flooid allows merchants to connect their retail channels, removing barriers between online and in-store payments.
- Revieve®, a personalized digital brand experience company working with global brands, retailers and digital services providers in the beauty, skin, health and wellness categories, entered into a global strategic partnership with Google Cloud enabling the beauty industry to deliver personalized experience solutions.
- B2B Payments provider Libeo teamed up with BNP Paribas to help French companies get ahead of a major new regulation – Mandatory electronic invoicing.
- Mastercard and Ubirider, Portugal-based makers of the mobility-as-a-service (MaaS) platform Pick designed to serve riders, transport operators and cities, have entered into an agreement to jointly offer Innovative digital solutions that combine operational, payment and ticketing resources and data for public transport agencies and operators.
- ONE, the UK-based provider of financial services across digital and fiat currencies, announced it is joining forces with award-winning RegTech provider Know Your Customer to deliver a more seamless onboarding experience for clients.
- Last mile delivery specialist, Stuart teamed up with bodo, a logistics platform for eCommerce brands, to provide sustainable, same day and instant deliveries across London. The collaboration will enable eCommerce brands to provide their customers with more flexible and convenient delivery options, as consumer demand grows for rapid turnaround on items.
- Coincover, the UK-based digital asset protection technology company, unveiled a new partnership with Fireblocks, an enterprise-grade platform delivering a secure infrastructure for moving, storing, and issuing digital assets.
- Arcwide, a global IFS Cloud services provider, and Silico, the business process simulation platform, announced a strategic partnership to optimise decision-making.
- Lansweeper, a global leader in Technology Asset Intelligence, announced the acquisition of critical assets of RankedRight, a provider of vulnerability management solutions, for an undisclosed fee.
- Choco acquired Katoo to enter the Spanish market and bring restaurants into a new digital age.
Milestones and Insights
- VC platform for real estate innovation, PT1 – PropTech1 Ventures completed the first closing of its Fund II, with a target size of €100 million. €44 million has already been raised in the first closing, which is more than three times the volume of the first closing of the first fund.
- The country of Mongolia is now working with Swedish technology company Astrid to introduce new forms of AI-powered learning, designed to empower young learners with English-speaking skills. The project was jointly developed to provide Astrid’s AI-powered app to every single young learner and English teacher in Mongolia. The project is aligned with Mongolia’s Vision 2050 and its aim to position itself as a leading Asian country in terms of its social development, economic growth and its citizens’ quality of life.
- iYFM announced the partial exit of its investment in leading planning and forecasting software and services business, Vuealta, through the sale of its fast-growing software division to the long-standing partner and supply chain solutions business, Anaplan.