The European startup ecosystem is full of interesting and exciting news, twists and turns. At EU-Startups, our aim is to keep you informed on everything that’s going on and share the inspiring entrepreneurial spirit this continent has to offer. From big funding announcements, soonicorns picking up pace, to new partnerships and launches – it’s never a dull day!
So, here is your weekly round-up of interesting startup news from across the continent – everything that we tracked and wanted to share with you (July 11-15). Did you know that 50 pizzas are eaten in Europe every second?
- Skrinings.lv is launching a secure educational program for women to learn more about contraceptive options and have more informed discussions with their physicians about birth control
- Tully – the AI bracelet helping to improve your child’s emotional awareness has gone live on Kickstarter
- Infermedica – the Polish-founded artificial intelligence (AI)-driven healthtech platform – announced the launch of its Medical Guidance Platform, with new modules and features designed to support the entire patient-care journey.
- SeatlabNFT announced a €1.1 million Event Creator Fund
- Open banking platform Tink announced a significant upgrade to its payment stack with the launch of ‘settlement accounts’ – a new feature that aggregates PIS settlement
- MONNEO is adding BaaS to its portfolio – launching a new API for instant access to embedded finance
- Vinted Go, the dedicated shipping brand of Vinted Group, unveiled its new B2B digital shipping platform
- Green micro-mobility firm HumanForest has launched its emoped trial in London, which will provide a sustainable transport solution for business deliveries across the capital
- The Beagle Button launched as Britain’s first browser extension that automatically finds its users sustainable alternatives to products and services bought online
- Global music services provider, Rehegoo, has just launched a new music streaming service, initially for UK and Italy, specifically aimed at businesses owners
- Milano Vice launched its virtual experience-driven pizza brand – and confirmed that 50 pizzas are eaten in Europe every second
Partnerships and Acquisitions
- Algorithmiq, a Helsinki-based startup that uses quantum algorithms to solve complex issues in life sciences, has partnered with a Boston research team, led by Professor Joseph Loscalzo at Harvard University, to establish a new medical field, Quantum Network Medicine (QNM).
- Cosmo Tech announced a collaboration with Microsoft to drive strategic sustainability outcomes with Simulation Digital Twins
- eDesk, the eCommerce helpdesk announces a partnership with French Unicorn Mirakl, the marketplace platform chosen by leading enterprises to scale eCommerce at speed – adding native integrations with over 300 new marketplaces
- Viennese fintech Credi2 is developing a “buy now, pay later” solution for Deutsche Bank
- Swiss company routeRank, providing IT solutions for travel and mobility, got acquired by Netcetera
- Berlin startup UnitPlus has partnered up with Banking-as-a-Service provider Vodeno and full-service digital bank, Aion, to launch the world’s first ETF investment product.
- eviivo has partnered with three distinguished self-check-in solutions — Nuki, Vikey and Chekin — to enhance and modernize the traveller’s check-in experience in the UK.
- Infobip has made a new acquisition of an EU tech media – Netorkacija.com
- Cyprus-based Embria exits Finnish Duunitori with 70x return on investment
- The final closing of the first Benelux-based PropTech (‘Property Technology’) fund by Amavi at €70 million was announced
- Taster accelerates expansion in Spain with the launch of delivery-first food concepts in Barcelona
- NUMA Group expands to Portugal and secures the former headquarters of Federação Portuguesa de Futebol FPF
- Caliber released a report showing that the reputation of BigTech companies is on the decline. One company, though, seems to be immune – Amazon
- Easydry, the entrepreneurial disposable eco-towel company, got B Corp certification. The towels are entirely biodegradable and 100% compostable in 12 weeks – and officially the better way to dry
- TechChill Milano opened applications to Startup Pitch Battle with a €10k cash prize