Techne Summit is a 3-day online immersive experience, on 12-14 June 2020, which focuses on investment and entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean.
This year’s online event will feature big conversations around growth in the Mediterrean region, bring together 45 investment funds and hundreds of startups, offer startups great visibility and mentoring, an investor bootcamp, the chance to win $1 million in the Startup World Cup and an introduction to the Med Angels investor network.
Meet the ‘Med Angels’
This year’s Techne Summit will be a chance to connect with Med Angels (The Mediterranean Business Angel Investment Network), the first organisation of its kind. Med Angels aims to be an umbrella organisation for the region, that promotes cross-border Mediterranean investments, connects multi-country angel networks, closes the gap in seed stage funding, as well as connect with Africa and the Middle East.
Startups attending will get to hear from Med Angels in their round table, as well as during a practical panel on how to negotiate and structure venture capital transactions.
“The establishment of a Mediterranean Angel Investment Network is crucial to fill the gap in seed funding not only in each individual country, but across 21 countries of the Mediterranean Sea. Building a network of trust that promotes cross border investment through syndication is very much needed and will strongly connect Africa with Europe and the Middle East,” said Tarek El Kady, founder of Alex Angels and Med Angels.
Techne Summit is also supported by their excellencies, the Mayor of Dubrovnik, Mr. Mato Franković, and the Prefect of the Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Mr. Nikola DOBROSLAVIĆ.
What’s on the agenda?
- 5 tracks including Fintech, Healthtech and Marketing and Media, Startup Academy and an Investors’ bootcamp
- 50 speakers debating the future of innovation and business in the Med region
- 45 investment funds to meet from 20+ countries across Europe, the Middle East, North and West Africa, and the US
- Startup World Cup competition and the chance to win $1 million (winners announced 14th June)
- Startup mentoring from an international expert from the Techne network
- Direct virtual networking with future prospects via the AI-powered Techne Matchmaking Tool.
There’s still time to get an early-bird ticket before ticket increases at midnight on 5 June, 2020. Save your spot by signing up here.