Are you passionate about the startup world, interested in writing, and looking for a remote side-gig? Then read on!
At EU-Startups we are officially launching our search for the next ‘star’ writers of our publication. Over the past few years we have built up a team of contributors all over Europe, from Brussels to Riga. Now our platform is growing, and it’s time for us to expand our team.
These new writers will be creating ‘evergreen’ content (not news items), meaning advice for startups, explainers, rundowns of the top startups in your city/region, interviews with top players, and more.
We are looking for applicants with:
- Experience of the startup world: Whether you are a founder, work at an accelerator or incubator, a venture capital firm, are part of your university tech society, or simply have your own entrepreneurial side-hustles, we want to meet you!
- Strong writing skills in English: You are native or fluent – to be verified by our native British team member : )
- Local connections: You are ‘plugged in’ to what’s going on in your local startup scene – you know of the key startup hubs and players in your area.
- Some writing samples: You’re not a professional journalist but have some examples of previous articles or writing online.
- Availability for 3-4 articles a month: You’d be able to contribute 3-4 good quality articles per month? Perfect!
- A talent for ‘evergreen’ content: If you are a pro at giving startup advice, giving an overview of startup ecosystems, scouting out who are the top startups in a given sector/region, or conducting interviews, we would like to meet you!
What do you get?
- Be part of the EU-Startups team: Join our remote team, and get connected to people behind the leading online magazine about startups in Europe. As EU-Startups contributor you’ll also be able to get media passes to pretty much any startup event in Europe.
- A long-term commitment: We are looking to create a long-term partnership with you.
- Visibility: With a bio profile under each article, you will be visible as the author of each piece you write.
We are looking for writers ‘on the ground’ based all over Europe, especially in Eastern Europe and the Baltics. If you based anywhere in Europe, don’t be shy to apply!
Interested? Please fill in the application form by midnight Sunday, February 2. Good luck!