Your startup (or SME) offers sustainable solutions for the raw materials sector? Apply for the Booster Call to get financial support and access to the EIT RawMaterials partner network to scale-up your business!
The selected startups and SMEs will receive a financial boost of up to €60,000, customised business support and will also get access to the EIT RawMaterials partner network (over 300 partners from leading industry, universities and research institutions). The Booster participants will take part in our events, as well as gain visibility through EIT RawMaterials network channels. Eventually, supported startups and SMEs may join our Innovation Community as an associate or full member to benefit from the ecosystem fully.
EIT RawMaterials Startup & SME Booster supports new businesses that develop raw materials into a major strength for Europe along the whole material value chain as follows:
- Exploration and raw materials resource assessment
- Mining in challenging environments
- Increased resource efficiency in mineral and metallurgical processes
- Recycling and material chain optimisation for End-of-Life products
- Substitution of critical and toxic materials in products and for optimised performance
- Design of products and services for the circular economy
The supply of a range of ores and metals is the main target of the EIT RawMaterials Innovation Community. Bio-based and polymer materials will be considered only in view of their substitution potential of critical and toxic materials and for optimized performance or for multi-material product recycling. Petrochemical raw materials, food/agricultural raw materials and construction materials are excluded.
In this Booster Call 2019, EIT RawMaterials is particularly seeking for companies developing solutions dealing with:
- Sustainable Materials for Future Mobility (materials for electrification such as batteries, fuel-cells, magnets; materials for lightweight designs such as steels, non-ferrous alloys, composites, multi-materials)
- Raw Materials and Circular Societies (new circular business models such as reuse repair, remanufacturing, sharing economy)
World’s largest innovation community in the raw materials sector
EIT RawMaterials, initiated and funded by the EIT (European Institute of Innovation and Technology), a body of the European Union, is the largest consortium in the raw materials sector worldwide. Its vision is to develop raw materials into a major strength for Europe. Its mission is to enable sustainable competitiveness of the European minerals, metals and materials sector along the value chain by driving innovation, education and entrepreneurship.
EIT RawMaterials unites more than 120 core and associate partners and over 180 project partners from leading industry, universities and research institutions from more than 20 EU countries. Partners of EIT RawMaterials are active across the entire raw materials value chain: from exploration, mining and mineral processing to substitution, recycling and circular economy. They collaborate on finding new, innovative solutions to secure the supplies and improve the raw materials sector in Europe.