Are you part of a university startup and have the dream of disrupting society with your innovative idea? Submit your application now for the University Startup World Cup (USWC) to compete for a cash prize of $25,000! Category winners will be awarded $5,000. The application deadline is July 1st!
The +65 best student led startups from all over the world will gather in Copenhagen on October 8-12, 2018. These fun and engaging five days will include; networking with great mentors and business professionals, learning through company visits, and pitching for a chance to win $25,000. They can make this happen for you because, USWC is supported by public sector partners such as The Capital Region of Denmark and private sector partners such as Maersk.
Please note that in order to enter the selection stage, your startup needs to have at least one team member who is a university student or faculty member.
The University Startup World Cup focuses on the following six fields of innovation and technology:
- Health: Digital Health, healthtech, medical devices, medtech, biotech, etc.
- NextGen Logistics: innovative products and services in the logistics and transport space
- Service Innovation: Solutions focused on the optimization of products or service designs/experiences, etc.
- Products & Design: Traditional products & devices, inventions, designs, services, hardware, etc.
- Fintech, AI, ICT: VR, robots, blockchain, IoT, augmented reality, etc.
- Greentech: Cleantech, environment, climate, energy, upcycle, recycle
The University Startup World Cup is organized by Venture Cup, a Danish non-profit organization which has 18 years of experience hosting startup competitions for university startups. The vision is to create a network among international students in which they can be inspired, benchmark their ideas and turn academic knowledge into viable high-growth businesses.
“We are proud to host the University Startup World Cup and showcase the immense talent from around the world. In doing so, we are committed to offering a platform that allows startups to engage, learn and grow, propelling them towards reaching their goals. We are looking forward to welcoming them all in Copenhagen and in the USWC network!” – Morten Andersen, CEO of Venture up Denmark
Check out the event website and submit your application before July 1st!
Below you’ll find a video with some impressions from last year’s edition of the University Startup World Cup: