|Date Posted||Jan 23, 2014|
GameDuell is Germany's largest game site and compares itself to the best game sites in the world. In order to meet these high standards, it is not only extremely important to implement new features, but it is also necessary to continuously optimize the platform.
As a Java Developer at GameDuell, you will find a high-traffic Internet platform with more than 500 million monthly page views. The IT architecture of GameDuell is based on JEE and allows on the one hand horizontal scaling and on the other, a high availability and robust experience for customers.
* Implementation new and the expansion of existing internationally competitive software
* Develop the tournament and game logic
* Create solutions for managing customer and money accounts and loyalty programs
* Integrate our gaming experience on Facebook and mobile applications
What we expect
* Degree in computer sciences or similiar sciences, ideally with a major in software development
* At least five years experience of intensive programming in an object-oriented language (design and programming)
* Good knowledge of current Java technologies, especially EJB 3.1, JMS, JPA2, JAX-RS and JUnit, and also general knowledge of Java6/7 and JEE 6
* Experienced with plain JEE6 programming (without usage of any Framework such as Spring, Seam etc.) as well as with Enterprise Patterns
* Master an IDE, for example Eclipse, Netbeans or IntelliJ and tools such as Maven, Subversion or Hudson/Jenkins
* Experience with popular JEE containers (for example, Glassfish 3 +) and model-driven development (MDA, MDSD) is an advantage
* Profound knowledge about web technologies like JSF is nice to have
* Ideally, you already have experience in distributed programming and established skills in the relevant technologies
* Ability to work quickly and independently with new technologies and are able to determine the right abstraction level of a software solution
What we offer
* Diverse tasks and sole responsibility for your own work
* A first-class technological platform that incorporates diverse areas: games, online tournaments and community features
* Comfortable work atmosphere in our office in the heart of Berlin, including free Coke, fruit, pool table, table tennis and terrace
* Intensive team work to develop the best possible solutions in an environment shaped by Scrum
* Flexible working hours
* Your career starts immediately in full time
If these tasks appeal to you and you feel that you fit the profile, please e-mail your application as PDF, including your salary expectations and earliest possible start date to Mr. Stefan Schwarzat (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject: "Senior Java Developer".
Please note that applications and documents sent via conventional mail will not be viewed and cannot be returned.