As a Web Analyst at FindHotel, you will get the chance to work on our brand new hotel metasearch website. You will be responsible for analyzing user behavior, finding areas of improvement and guiding our AB testing. We're looking for driven experts who understand e-commerce user behavior and who have the technical & analytical skills to make sense of the mountain of data our users generate. This is a great challenge for the data savvy web enthusiast who wants to join us in our quest to build the next generation of hotel metasearch!
What you'll tell your friends about your job
"I'm a web analytics ninja and I help people find the best hotel for the best price."
What you will actually be doing
- Analyse user behavior to discover insights
- Analyse website performance to identify room for improvement
- Analyse and interpret AB test results
- Take charge of improving the setup of Google Analytics & GTM
- Lead conversion optimisation initiatives
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day by checking up on the results of the AB tests that are running to see if any require attention. During the daily team stand-up you'll present your latest findings on user behavior, suggest improvements and raise problems or challenges you have faced. Before lunch you'll set aside time to research intriguing questions that you want to investigate - the difference in the behavior of users searching for nearby vs far away destinations for example. After lunch you'll meet with the Testing Committee to brainstorm about new AB test ideas and prioritizing the backlog. You'll finish the day by implementing tracking of new data points in Google Analytics to understand user interaction with a new component on the website.
The team: You'll be working within our Product squad which is made up of a product owner, UX designer, web developers and is supported by data scientists & engineers.
People we love:
- Highly analytical and data driven: ability to assemble, analyse and interpret data to make decisions and communicate findings
- Great intuition and passion for e-commerce analytics, conversion optimization and user experience
- Experience with web analytics tools, especially Google Analytics & GTM
- Experience with AB testing
- Technical skills to work with large, multi-dimensional data sets (affinity with SQL and BI software)
- Able to take the lead on multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience with online travel is a plus
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 7 experienced product developers, and are looking to grow traffic from 3M monthly visitors to +10M within the coming year, through product improvements
- Completing our mission goes through rapidly evolving our product to become an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a niche as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make a dent in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 20 to 45 team members since the end of 2015, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company and product that's driven by data.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- Many chances to develop yourself including access to courses and conferences
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam