I am looking for a future Technical Director/CTO for my start-up team. Motivated and trustworthy with a wide range of technical skills useful for a website building and maintenance.
Photostories International (https://photostories.international) is a new sharing platform challenging social media and bringing meaning and purpose back to online behavior. The curated website offers deeper understanding of the world and its inhabitants therefore influencing the lives of others. We empower photographers, non-profit organisations and creative minds by offering a place to showcase their work and to share their inspiring and important stories.
As you can see, the first version of the website has been built, yet I wish to take the project even further - to truly challenge and differ from the existing social media (which people are more and more realizing as a waste of time), I hope to implement new ways to connect and to achieve personal goals for users. From you, I am looking for an open mind and shared values, as well as interest in photography and/or storytelling in general. As a Technical Director/CTO, you would work closely with me to discuss the future implementations and maybe even rebuilding the site with a team to make it more sustainable.
Skills and knowlege needed (the first three being mandatory):
- At least 2-5 years of professional development (backend + frontend) experience with building complex website solutions
- Can build a team from scratch and be a coach/transformational leader
- Can communicate in a clear and concise manner
- A good team player (working with remote teams)
- Extensive knowledge of different technologies. It's not important to be proficient in all of them, but to be savvy and adaptable according to the needs of the project
- Gets things done in a timely manner
- Responsible and treats everyone with respect
- Can work according to the joint vision
- Flexible, yet detail oriented and persistent problem solvers preferred
- Even if you don't fit some of the above criteria, but are passionate about the product and would like to get involved in changing how social media impacts people's lives, please feel free to reach out
- Interest in start-ups is a plus
What's in it for you?
As an important team member, I offer you a Technical Director's (or CTO's, if you prefer) position in the future company. After finding investors, there's a promise for a competitive salary and option of the company stocks, to be negotiated during the interview. For now, the work is flexible and remote (we would mostly communicate through skype and email), yet I expect clear dedication and weekly results. To work for Photostories International means that:
- you will be part of social change
- you have a chance to participate in idea creation and help defining the product road map (i.e. building an app in the near future)
- you will have a chance to contribute to company's decision making and gain valuable experience in start-up world
- you can influence/define your own working hours
- you will have an encouraging and caring partner
My dream is to build a humane company which respects workers' time and wishes, offers a creative and non-hierarchical environment, as well as encourages social change. Our achievements can only be as big as our dreams, and I hope to create a team that has the courage not only to dream with me, but to make these dreams come true. If you think you have this courage and passion for the project, please send me your CV and motivation letter at email@example.com