As a Senior Marketing Analyst with FindHotel, you will help scale up our world class online marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for optimizing our customer acquisition strategy and improving&scaling our digital marketing. If you're a business-savvy analyst who has the technical skills to leverage large data and make data-driven decisions this might be the role for you!
What you'll tell your friends about your job
"I'm a data guru. I make sure you only see the Ads you want to click on."
What you will actually be doing
- Prioritize, plan and optimize marketing campaigns using performance data
- Keep the marketing team at the cutting edge; open new marketing channels, research new methods and tools
- Collaborate with our Product Squad to optimise our website for the marketing campaigns
- Maintain and implement automated systems that optimize the campaigns
- Research external data sources and bring them into use
- Forecast expected revenue & profit from marketing campaigns
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day analyzing recently launched campaigns for performance and pricing to see what can be improved. Then you'll look at the output of our internal decision-making system, identifying any issues. During the daily team standup you'll present interesting findings on marketing behaviour, suggest improvements to our pricing, and raise problems or challenges you have flagged. Before lunch you'll set aside time to research intriguing questions that you want to investigate - mobile behaviour trends in eastern Asian countries, for example. After lunch you'll brainstorm with the data analysts and marketeers on the next markets and type of campaigns we want to launch.
You'll be working within our Growth squad, which is made up of 4 analysts & 6 marketers as well as being supported by scientists & engineers.
Why join now?
- We are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to +10M within the year. Doing that in a market as mature and competitive as online accommodation means that we need to be truly innovative. If you have a great idea nobody will stop you from giving it a try!
- We have just built a tool that allows us to scale our Search Marketing Campaigns to a completely new level. This means massive datasets and unique challenges in terms of data, engineering and automation.
- We have completely re-built the internals of our product and set the foundations to transform FindHotel from a search product into a recommendation system. This transition will obviously be driven by data and will open up new and exciting marketing channels.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to 30 team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
- We have grown our growth squad to 4 analysts and 6 marketers and are looking to grow the team considerably in the near future. You will have the chance to grow with us.
People we love:
- Great intuition and passion for data-driven decision making
- Able to take the lead on multi-disciplinary projects
- Technical skills to work with large, multi-dimensional data sets (SQL & BI Tools)
- Quantative background (ie: economics, finance, engineering) or experience in finance, business, marketing
A big plus:
- Experience with online marketing and especially search marketing
- Experience in e-commerce or online travel
- Experience with Qlikview
- Advanced Excel skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam