Cureous is a Swiss open-science startup, creating a groundbreaking new human health research platform to support the investigation of new treatments for chronic conditions.
Our mission is to enable patients and researchers to collaboratively research and develop new, safe and cost-effective treatments for chronic conditions that become part of practiced health care and improve the life of millions.
We are a closely knit team working remotely from locations across Europe. We live and breathe through Slack, Trello and Quip. We co-locate when necessary, to tackle hard problems, and on a regular basis to touch base as a team and have fun. You should be willing to travel for about a week per quarter.
We are building both a web and a mobile application. Our tech stack includes Go, PostgreSQL, ReactJS/ReactNative and Elm, and our infrastructure is based on AWS.
As a frontend engineer, you will design and implement compelling user interfaces for capturing and analyzing data, in collaboration with our visual designer and other engineers. We use Elm for business logic and React for views, as well as React-Native for our mobile application.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement our user interface based on our REST API, using Elm for business logic and React/React-native for views
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Assess and improve our front end performances
- Contribute to the user experience design
- Develop our mobile application and native plugins based on frameworks such as Apple Health or Google Fit
- Autonomy and accountability, including in a remote working setup
- Fluent English
- Experience as a software developer (5 years), with at least 3 years as a frontend developer
- Good understanding of functional programming
- Experience with React
- Experience with Git
Experience in these specific domains is a plus:
- React Native
- Native Android/iOS