Are you a Backend Developer with extensive Python experience? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, this role should be for you.
As a senior developer you will work as a part of the team that builds a next-generation application for business travel.
On a day-to-day basis you will work with our product team to design, architect and implement the back-end of our product. Your code will run fast, efficiently and will never break.
As Senior Python Developer, this position involves:
- System architecture design, implementation and testing.
Product development in Python and Django of a travel related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
Work in Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor/coach/train other colleagues as a subject matter expert.
Required skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience in similar roles building technically complex products.
- Expert level at Python and Django.
- Built and consumed REST APIs, ideally using Django rest framework.
- Experience writing highly efficient asynchronous code using Celery.
- Git version control.
- Experience with testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- "Product Engineering "mindset.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite and/or Heroku .
- Algorithm research and development, and for machine learning experience.
- Experience in the travel industry.
- Experience working in high-performing, Agile development teams.
- A cool person that likes to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including base salary, bonus and equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- Continuous learning is encouraged and you are more than welcome to dedicate time to learn things that interest you, even if they are not directly related to the day to day tasks .
- Be a part of creating the next big thing in Online Travel.
The Python Developer position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.