Office: Berlin – 30 to 40 hours
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Working closely with the CEO to create and execute a content marketing and communications strategy that achieves measurable impact with partners, supporters and the public.
- Developing content for blog and social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.) posts, as well as building and implementing a social media strategy to actively engage our core audience.
- Creating and managing a social media calendar and collecting analytic reports to assess our outreach.
- Conceptualizing and managing successful communication campaigns and materials (annual reports, student magazines, newsletters etc.), while ensuring all communication assets are current, accurate and tailored to specific stakeholders.
- Liaising with other teams to ensure all projects have a strong digital engagement and social media component, while capturing the successful achievement of project milestones in a creative format (video, photography etc.)
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in communications, ideally in a NGO/social startup working with refugees or disadvantaged communities.
- You have strong written communication skills in English (native). German is a plus.
- You are passionate about social media and have ideally design, photoshop and video editing skills.
- You have experience in campaign management and common tools such as Google Analytics or Facebook Advertising.
- You are on top of new online marketing trends and have the ability to pick the right metrics to track and analyze the success of our communications strategy
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape the communications strategy of an innovative social startup with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector and a generous home office policy.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “MCM + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 22.06.2018 to Rohit Kakar (Head of HR).