Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are growing fast and looking for Lead DevOps Engineer to join us in becoming a global travel category leader.
We build highly performant, scalable services and components that power our product and provide our users with the best content and deals the accommodation industry has to offer. Scalability, reliability, and great performances are the core of what we build. We work with modern stacks (Go, Node.js, Ruby, Elixir, Python) and our infrastructure in the cloud (AWS) is managed via tools like Docker, Jenkins, and Terraform, as well as principles like infrastructure-as-code, automation, and CI/CD.
Should you join us, not only you will get exposed to some bright engineers with a passion for delivering great software, you will also get the chance to collaborate with team members from a broader range of expertise, including data analysts and scientists, product owners, UX and marketing specialists.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
- Work with our DevOps engineer and all teams to solve challenging problems, improving our infrastructure and scaling it to support our continuous growth in a cost-effective way
- Promote a DevOps culture across all engineering teams, coaching people into a DevOps mindset and providing them with the tooling necessary to work efficiently
- Make sure all our code runs smoothly on the cloud and all the best practices are in place in terms of security and compliance (GDPR, PCI-DSS, etc)
- Work with the CTO and the engineering leads to identify and implement the long-term operation strategy
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you sit down with a squad to review the deployment process for a new component, designing the solution that allows for fast, automated iterations. After lunch, you take some time to improve one of the shared Terraform modules used by many teams to support a new feature AWS made available not long ago. Before the end of the day, you prepare the documentation for a security best practice you identified as missing in some of the publicly exposed APIs, scheduling a quick workshop with the interested teams to explain the reasoning behind the change.
Who we are looking for/requirements
- You have at least 5 years experience in operations and system administration, with a strong focus on software running in the cloud
- You have good knowledge of both Unix systems and AWS
- You have a deep understanding of networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, and related topics
- You have worked on a production system that was exposed to substantial scale (whether traffic or amount of data) and you are excited by these kinds of challenges
- You have a sense of pragmatism, constantly finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to our users (whether the engineering teams or the people using our product)
- You are flexible, curious, and independent, supporting the CTO and the engineers leads in prioritizing the effort
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
Why join FindHotel?
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself
- We care deeply about the user and the team works hard to get every traveler the best deal.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity
- We offer a competitive compensation package (including stock appreciation rights) + perks and benefits
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment