As a Growth Marketing Analyst with FindHotel, you will be responsible for guiding our customer acquisition strategy and optimizing & scaling our marketing channels as well as helping shape company strategy by supporting other teams & leadership with analytical expertise. If you're a business-savvy analyst who has the technical skills to leverage large data sets and make data-driven decisions this might be the role for you!
What you'll tell your friends about your job
"I'm a data whisperer & smell growth opportunities from miles away"
What you will actually be doing
- Prioritize, plan and optimize marketing channels & campaigns using performance data
- Analyse data from across the company to find the most important growth opportunities & lead cross-functional projects to leverage them.
- Work with our data analysts, scientists & engineers to implement automated systems that optimize our marketing channels.
- Understand visitor behavior & marketing landscape to drive growth initiatives
- Collaborate with the Product Squad to optimize website experience & build data driven features
- Research external data sources and bring them into productive use
- Forecast marketing & company performance & financials
- Define key metrics, dashboards & data strategy for the organisation
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day analyzing a new data point: such as cancellation rate for certain type of hotels. You come to the conclusion that this is commercially important for both marketing & product experience so you set up meetings with the data science and product teams to decide if & what kind of data projects should start based on it. During the daily team stand-up you'll present interesting findings on marketing behavior, suggest improvements to our pricing, and raise problems or challenges you have flagged. Then you'll follow up on the performance of a new marketing channel we just launched, and make decisions on its success & how much more resources we should invest in it. Before lunch you'll set aside time to research intriguing questions that you want to investigate - mobile behavior trends in eastern Asian countries, for example. After lunch(and some competitive table tennis) you'll continue building a dashboard in Looker that forecasts company performance.
The team: You'll be working within our Growth squad, which is made up of 4 analysts & 6 marketers as well as being supported by scientists, engineers & product owners.
Tools & technology: Our data is hosted on a Redshift SQL database and we use Looker as our BI platform. (optionally if you are inclined towards scripting or modeling, we mainly use Python & sometimes R)
Why join now?
- We are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to +10M within the year. Doing that in a market as mature and competitive as online accommodation means that we need to be truly innovative. If you have a great idea nobody will stop you from giving it a try!
- We have just built a tool that allows us to scale our Search Marketing Campaigns to a completely new level. This means massive data sets and unique challenges in terms of data, engineering and automation.
- We have completely re-built the internals of our product and set the foundations to transform FindHotel from a search product into a recommendation system. This transition will obviously be driven by data and will open up new and exciting marketing channels.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to 40 team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
- We have grown our growth squad to 4 analysts and 6 marketers and are looking to grow the team considerably in the near future. You will have the chance to grow with us.
People we love:
- You are curious and have great intuition & passion for data-driven decision making
- You are able to take the lead on multi-disciplinary projects
- You are tech savvy & comfortable working with large, multi-dimensional data sets (great SQL skills & affinity with BI software is a must)
- You have sound statistical knowledge. (experience with statistical analysis software is a nice-to-have)
- You have at least a couple years of experience leveraging data to make marketing, product & strategy decisions
- You have experience or interest in online travel & online marketing.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy("unlimited holidays") and possibility to work remotely
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam