We’re working to improve the lives of the international poor by connecting them to global payment networks. To do so, we build technology that makes it easy for organizations to pay and be paid by anyone, anytime, anywhere in the emerging markets.
Our platform is already being used to facilitate payments across Africa and Asia in some of the most challenging environments and worst humanitarian crises in the world -- from the ebola crisis in Liberia to refugee populations in Niger and Nigeria. These programs alone represent hundreds of billions of spend with nearly 1B recipients. And this is just the beginning: agriculture firms need to pay farmers, gig economy firms pay their workers and micro-lending companies provide loans. Just imagine the potential impact - direct and indirect - of building the rails to connect the 2.5B unbanked to modern enterprises around the world.
It’s an ambitious goal for a small-ish, venture-backed NY/London-based team. We’re looking to hire exceptional people who are excited by the mission, share our values and are pretty fun to be around. We have competitive salary and stock options, flexible hours, unlimited vacation, and great medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Take the lead in shaping the approach and systems we have in place to make sure Segovia customers are satisfied with our services, no matter where they are in the world
- Scale the customer support function across a fast-growing company
- Creatively find ways to ensure customer support continues to be a valuable feature of our services
- Analyze data and problem-solve to improve customer experience and increase customer support team effectiveness
- Resolve inquiries leaving customers happier than they were before they had a question, both directly and indirectly through managing others
- Make sure we're always on top of our policies, documentation, etc.
- Make sure we're always using our time well for the best customer support outcomes by putting the right processes and tools in place
- Work closely with our global compliance team for payment security
We hope you have:
- Leadership experience in a fast-growing startup or similar environment focused on results
- Excitement about working on a small team and helping shape its culture as we grow
- Preference for interacting with people all day
- Enjoy people management
- 3-5 years experience in an external-facing role
- Experience working in a cross-functional role so that you can communicate customer experiences with other relevant teams
- Attributes that allow you to create a great experience for our customers including empathy, adaptability, patience, resilience, proactivity, outstanding communication skills
- Passion for mission-oriented work with significant impact on the world
- Nice to have
- Proven outcomes in customer support team leadership and systems-building
- Multilingual - French, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese and Swahili are just a few suggestions!
- Experience in the payments space
- Time spent living/working in Africa